Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Blonde Bella

I realized that this is the very first Stamping Bella card I've made with a blonde haired Bella. I guess I just reach for the brown for Bella's hair since I have brown hair . . . Anyway, today's color challenge on SCS was to use Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, and So Saffron--that's why Bella became a blonde today. The saffron shade was perfect for her hair. I combined the color challenge with this week's SCS Bella forum sketch challenge.

This is also the first time I've inked up this fun Presentahbella stamp. I colored the image with non-name brand alcohol ink markers I picked up on sale to see if I liked them before investing in a fancier kind. After coloring, I added Dazzling Diamonds to the red dots on the big gift box. I love how sparkly this looks IRL! I filled the white space on the bottom left corner of the image panel with the sentiment and a small turquoise-ish self-adhesive rhinestone.

I kept the dot element of the gift going in the patterned paper (looks striped, but the stripes are actually made of lines of tiny dots), the dotted turquoise grosgrain ribbon, and the embossed circles on the cardfront. Fun card!

Materials Used:
Presentahbella (Stamping Bella); Short & Sweet, Real Red Classic ink, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, and Whisper White cardstock, So Saffron Prints Series designer paper, 2-Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Noir Black Palette ink (Stewart Superior); turquoise dotted grosgrain (Michaels); Spots & Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); self-adhesive rhinestone (Me & My Big Ideas Icons); Letraset markers (Joann)

4 comments:

  1. So cute Lori! LOL I tend to do my Bellas with brown hair too...unless I know it's for someone else that may be blonde...hmmm I don't think I've done a redhead yet!
    So how did you like those markers? Are they good like SU!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Bellas are soo cute! Great job coloring and I really like the DD! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic card. I have never done a blonde bella either, I have dark brown hair so I guess I pretend she is me ( minus the weight) LOL

    Caz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a brown haired Bella also!!! DH says I discriminate towards blonds LOL!! Great Job on your card, I love all the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips