Monday, October 29, 2007

Cracked Glass Daisies

Today's Technique Lovers Challenge on SCS was using the cracked glass technique. Even though I'm still finding stray bits and pieces of ultra-thick embossing powder from the last time I tried cracked glass, I gave it another try tonight.

I love the look of the Kitchen Sink Stamps 3-step Daisy set with this technique. I stamped the daisy image in three different colors of chalk inks (2 shades of yellows and a rust color), then added leaves. I set the cracked glass panel on a mustard mat, then layered that on a burgundy mat with distressed edges.

The cardfront is stamped with SU!'s Linen background stamp, then over stamped with the retired French Script background. You know, for a while, I was using my background stamps on pretty much everything. Now, it seems that I'm reaching for patterned paper more than I am for my background stamps. I need to think about that a little . . . The patterned paper here is a piece of flocked paper that I found at Target. It has such a rich look (and feel!) to it IRL.

By the way, if you're loving the Kitchen Sink Stamps Daisy set as much as I am, be sure to check out the Kitchen Sink site on November 1. Maria will be releasing 4 new holiday sets! I've had a chance to have a sneak peek at them, and let me tell you, you will have to have them. You can get a preview of one of the new sets on the Sink News blog. Make sure to check the SCS galleries and back here at Inking Aloud later this week to see some great samples with the new sets.

Materials Used:
Daisy stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Linen and French Script background stamps, So Saffron, More Mustard, Bravo Burgundy, and Very Vanilla cardstock, Creamy Caramel and So Saffron Classic inks, distressing tool (Stampin' Up!); ColorBox fluid chalk inks; Ultra-Thick Embossing Powder (Ranger); flocked paper (Target); burgundy satin ribbon (Michaels dollar bin)

5 comments:

  1. Very nice card Lori! I love your colors and nice design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving those flowers...great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori,
    this card is absolutely beautiful. I love the cracked glass technique and it is striking on this card. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks GREAT! I love using that technique! TFS {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Pretty Card...
    great colors..love the flowers.
    Good technique..looks Great!


    Dee

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips