Thursday, October 25, 2007

Monochromatic Friends and Flowers

Here's a card for the first My Favorite Things Stamps sketch challenge posted in the company's new SCS Member Company forum. I decided to go with a monochromatic color scheme for this one since there were a lot of panels and pieces to be included.

The dotted paper on the cardfront is a piece from one of the Palette of Prints packages available earlier this year that included 4 colors of the Prints Series designer paper. I'm still working my way through the packages I bought!

I colored the shopper image with different shades of purple Prismacolor pencils. The bags were stamped on kraft cardstock (I love that stuff!) and cut out, then placed over the bags in the image using dimensionals. I also used paper piecing for the flower on the shopping bags.

The flower embellishments are velvet flowers from Prima. I have a huge box of them and I'm trying to use them instead of just looking at them!

Materials Used:
Say Charge stamp set (My Favorite Things Stamps); Elegant Eggplant and Basic Black Classic inks, Almost Amethyst, Elegant Eggplant, Kraft, and Whisper White cardstock, Almost Amethyst Prints Series designer paper, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); velvet flowers (Prima); rhinestones (Walmart); black Glaze pen (Sakura); Stardust Stickles (Ranger); white organdy (Joann)

1 comment:

  1. Wow what a nice card!!!! The sentiment is soooo right!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips