Friday, October 26, 2007

Blogger Challenge: Week 18

This week's challenge was to create a project that showcased designer paper. I love the designer papers in the Fall/Winter SU! catalog and I'm looking forward to next month's special offer on the papers (buy three packs, get one free). It will be hard to choose!

On this project, I used my second favorite paper package--Wintergreen. I love the combination of blues and greens in the patterns. I think it will make great non-traditional holiday cards. In fact, I already know what I'm doing for mine--and it will definitely include the Wintergreen papers. If only I had time to start them . . .

Anyway, this is a criss cross card. The front panels form a pocket. You can find an easy to follow tutorial for these cards on SCS here. I added some velvet rick rack to the edges of the pocket for a fun touch.


The insert is stamped with the snowman image from Simple Snowman (another item that will play a part in my holiday cards . . .). I stamped the image in black ink on shimmery white cardstock and colored it in with reinkers and a blender pen. I made a border using All in a Row. I got the images pretty straight just by eyeing them. I layered the stamped panel on Certainly Celery and Soft Sky panels, then added a Certainly Celery tab. I stamped a snowflake on the tab and added a rhinestone and some glitter to the snowflake.

Be sure to check out the other bloggers participating in this challenge. You can find links to their blogs in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
Simple Snowman and All in a Row stamp sets, Basic Black, Soft Sky, Always Artichoke, and Certainly Celery Classic inks, Soft Sky, Certainly Celery, Always Artichoke, and Shimmery White cardstock, Wintergreen designer series paper, round tab punch, blender pen, Sticky Strip, corner rounder (Stampin' Up!); velvet rick rack (May Arts); rhinestone (Walmart); Stardust pen (Sakura)

21 comments:

  1. This is SO cute! I've been trying to resist that snowman...but I LOVE all snowman! Great job on the challenge!

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is So pretty!!! I love the Wintergreen Paper!!!!!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. The addition of the ric-rack ribbon really makes the criss cross card a WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I've never used designer paper for a criss-cross card before. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great. I love that paper and you did a great job on the combination for the criss cross card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to get it together and try these cards! Your's is just adorbale. That paper is SO PRETTY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great criss-cross card. Awesome job there girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This criss-cross card is absolutely darling! I love that paper and how you used the ribbon along the edges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super Nice! - Still haven't got that DP yet but I like the colors a lot. Those crisscross cards look fun but there just isn't time to mess with them right now. Good job on yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Snowmen!
    Such pretty paper...
    Great criss-cross Card!


    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is wonderful! You've inspired me to try my first criss cross card! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the soft look that the rick rack adds! Really neat card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really pretty! The ricrak really makes it classy! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love wintergreen too! - great card

    ReplyDelete
  15. LORI! This is cute, cute, cute, cute, cute....I love it! Great minds think alike with that fabulous paper, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute Lori! I really like the DP and the snowman is just the cutest! Also, nice touch adding the border. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is really cute!!! I love this color combo and paper!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute Lori! I love the colour choices and the stamp is awesome! Love snowmen!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really like the card -- and the ribbon on the criss-cross is great --

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips