Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Monochromatic Snow Burst

Before last winter, I didn't have any snowflake sets in my collection. Now, it seems I'm starting to accumulate quite a few. I really like the style of the ones in the current SU! catalogs.

The most recent addition to my collection is the Snow Burst set. I love shades of blue . . . probably something I inherited from my grandma. So, when I saw these retro looking snowflakes in the SU! Winter Mini catalog, I knew that I would need to try them out using a blue monochromatic color scheme.

The sketch for this card is from Lauren's Saturday Sketch. I followed the sketch pretty closely here. The main image panel is shimmery white cardstock and the images are stamped in Bashful Blue, Ballet Blue, and Night of Navy.

The embossed panel is highlighted with Brilliance Moonlight White ink. I used this ink instead of white craft ink because this ink is kind of shimmery. It looks a little more delicate, so I thought it would be more appropriate for snowflakes.

I think I may go back and add some Stickles to the snowflake centers to give the card just a tiny bit more shimmer and shine . . .

Materials Used:
Snow Burst stamp set, Bashful Blue, Ballet Blue, and Night of Navy Classic inks, Bashful Blue, Ballet Blue, Night of Navy, and Shimmery White cardstock, dimensionals, silver brads (Stampin' Up!); snowflake embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Moonlight White Brilliance Ink (Tsukineko); blue metallic textured cardstock (DCWV Metallic Stack); white velvet ribbon (Michaels)

3 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I love the embossed background with this stamp set! Never thought to use it...thanks for the reminder!!! Great card Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Look at all that texture! Velvet ribbon, embossed bkgd-and great colors. Love what you did with that snowflake set.
    Thanks for playing along :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! I LOVE blues! ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips