Monday, October 8, 2007

Clear Card Challenge

I have a lot to get done tonight, but when I saw that today's Technique Lovers Challenge on SCS was to make an acetate/clear card, I couldn't resist giving the challenge a try! I've never made a card like this before, but I found that it was pretty easy to do. The tutorial here on SCS is really easy to follow.

I knew I wanted to have some kind of three-dimensional image on the front of my card. So, I stamped one of the patterned petals from Pick a Petal in Pixie Pink ink 6 times on white cardstock and cut out the petals to form a flower. The flowers are adhered to the darker pink panel with dimensionals. Before arranging the petals, I distressed the edges of the paper a little bit so it would stand out against the petals and the lighter pink layer. I added a clear button with a piece of ribbon through it for the flower center. The sentiment is stamped in Pink Passion, but it's hard to see. I probably should have stamped it in white ink for more contrast.

The acetate is stamped with the larger swirl from Priceless using White Staz-on. I found that the hardest parts of this card were cleaning that Staz-on from the stamp and figuring out a way to photograph a transparent card!

Materials Used:
Pick a Petal, Priceless, and Vases in Vogue stamp sets, Pixie Pink and Pink Passion Classic inks, White Staz-On ink, Pixie Pink, Pink Passion, Chocolate Chip, and Whisper White cardstock, 1" circle punch, chocolate grosgrain, glue dots, dimensionals, distressing tool (Stampin' Up!); clear button (Foo-fa-la); acetate/transparency (office supply store)

4 comments:

  1. Very Pretty...I have not tried this yet. Pink flower is pretty..
    like the button..and love the white on the clear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool card!! Love it ♥
    //Ewonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card, Lori! I love the swirls on the acetate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Lori! Aren't these fun to make!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips