Wednesday, October 31, 2007

One Forgettable and One Unfrogettable

For today's SCS sketch challenge, I ended up with two cards. The first one came together really quickly, but it just wasn't my style. I used the horse image from Wanted and stamped it repeatedly to give the illusion that the horse had been in motion. Hard to see in the picture, I know . . .

The color inspiration for the card came from the Outlaw designer series paper. I used some of the patterned paper from that package for the background, along with a piece of Really Rust cardstock stamped with the Sanded background stamp. I added a piece of kraft taffeta ribbon around the middle of the card, but I'm not really sure taffeta goes with what I was doing here. I didn't add a sentiment since I couldn't figure out what would go with this. Any suggestions??

Since I wasn't wild about the first card, I gave the sketch another try. I like the second card so much more! I used Unfrogettable and the Lily Pad wheel to create a small scene. I colored the scene with Prismacolor pencils. I stamped the frog and the water lilies a second time, colored them, and cut them out. I placed them on to the scene with dimensionals. I added some fun details, too--wiggly eyes for the frog and Pink Stickles on the water lilies.

The cardfront is covered with a pair of patterned papers. One is from the Flowers for You designer series paper pack, the other is from the Certainly Celery Prints Series package. I will definitely be stocking up on more of SU!'s great patterned paper during the November special! I covered the seam where the papers meet with a piece of ribbon with a pattern that's similar to the one from the Flowers for You paper.

Be sure to check out SCS tomorrow for the very first look at the new Kitchen Sink Stamps sets and for a very limited time special offer. My new sets arrived tonight and I made my first card with one of the new holiday releases. I'm going to try to get up early enough to add it to my SCS gallery before I head off to work . . .

Materials Used (top card):
Wanted and Sanded background stamp sets, Really Rust and Creamy Caramel Classic inks, Really Rust, Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, and Very Vanilla cardstock, Outlaw Designer Series paper, kraft taffeta ribbon, distressing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); copper brads (Making Memories)

Materials Used (bottom card):
Unfrogettable stamp set; Lily Pad wheel and handle; Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise, and Bashful Blue Classic inks, Tempting Turquoise, Certainly Celery, and Whisper White cardstock, Certainly Celery Prints Series and Flowers for You Designer Series papers, dimensionals, sponge (Stampin' Up!); Prismacolor pencils; Pink Stickles (Ranger); wiggly eyes; grosgrain ribbon (Michaels)

4 comments:

  1. I think both cards are great Lori! I am not a big fan of the Wanted or Outlaw paper...I don't think it's my style either, although I don't think I have a style...lol
    I have made a card like that before and stamped Wanted on the front...and on the inside...To Wish You A Happy Birthday...
    Looking forward to seeing these new stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are beautiful! I love the horse one....it looks great! I think it would be a perfect masculine Birthday card but really it could pass for almost any occasion. I'd keep it like it is until an occasion pops up! TFS {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are great, Lori! And congrats on Beate's win! You deserve it - that card is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both really nice cards! I always love those little frogs though. ;) Congrats on Beate's drawing!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips