Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Sweet Shapes in Pinks

Short post tonight--these Wednesday nights are tough with a full day of work, followed by my graduate school class in the evenings (only 4 more classes this semester . . .). This card is for both this week's SCS sketch challenge and color challenge. I used the Sweet Shapes set for the main images and sentiment and only pink images and papers (plus a touch of white).

To add some interest to all the pinks, I used different embellishments on all of the images on the main panel. The flower has a pink self-adhesive rhinestone center. The heart is covered with pink fun flock and the butterfly is covered with Pink Stickles.

I used some wide pink grosgrain around the patterned paper panel. I know I said I was having a hard time using this wider grosgrain, but I think it's starting to grow on me.

And on a non-stamping/crafting related note--Some of you may know that I work in education and that I am currently working on a masters degree in instructional technology. I thought I'd share something I saw in my class tonight that those of you who are interested in technology might want to check out. It's a You Tube video clip called The Machine Is Us/ing Us. It's a great way to learn more about emerging Web 2.0 technologies, of which blogs (and You Tube) are a part.

Materials Used:
Sweet Shapes and Polka Dot background stamp sets, Pretty in Pink, Pink Passion, and Pixie Pink Classic inks, Pretty in Pink, Pink Passion, Pixie Pink, and Whisper White cardstock, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); self-adhesive rhinestone (Joann); pink Fun Flock (Stampendous); Pink Stickles (Ranger); pink grosgrain (AC Moore); patterned paper (SWB Scrap Pack Mini #1)

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! good luck on your classes. I am thinking about going to get my Masters in the spring! Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card Lori!! Love it with all the diff embellishments,it's a neat idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card -- so FANTASTIC!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really beautiful, I love all of the different embellishments that you used with this, it's perfect for the color challenge on SCS!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips