Friday, November 9, 2007

Blogger Challenge: Week 20

This week's challenge was to use a photo on your project. Since I'm getting ready for a Stampin' Up! party this weekend and wanted to share a scrapbook page at the event, this was a timely challenge for me. The party's hostess recently got a brand new puppy (so cute!!), so I decided I'd create a puppy page for her party. Here's my practice design. Please let me know if you think it's okay or if you have any changes or upgrades to suggest.

This page is really simple to create since I have some new stampers coming to the party. It is an 8x8 size. I used two different colors of Prints Series designer paper, Rose Red and Soft Sky.

The title is stamped in Rose Red using the Big Deal and Short Order alphabets. I left out the "v" in love, replacing it with a chipboard heart that I covered with designer paper and attached to the page with dimensionals.

The photo here is one of my dog Cosmo and my sister's dog Bella. It was taken the first time they met. Cosmo absolutely adored Bella--and still does. Bella basically could take him or leave him then, and still feels that way today . . .

Be sure to check out what the other challenge players have created. You can find links to their blogs in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
Big Deal and Short Order alphabets, Rose Red Classic ink, Soft Sky, Rose Red, and Kraft cardstock, Rose Red and Soft Sky Prints Series designer papers, Soft Sky stitched grosgrain, slit punch, photo corner punch, silver brads, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); chipboard heart (Colorbok)

17 comments:

  1. Aw! Look at that! I like how you used the heart as a "v" instead of the usual "o". Nice colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute page...I think the layout and colors are great...your attendees should be happy with doing that page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute Lori! I love the colors and the scalloped edge on one side of the picture. I think this is a great workshop project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori: I think this scrapbook page is adorable and appropriate for a class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute. I love how adult animals interact with babies! Too sweet. Great page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori, this is Just adorable!!!! Love your page!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a precious layout and a great sample for your class!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute, Lori...I love that little doggie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute! Two dogs are better than one...your hostess will love that page!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just too cute! I love the colors and I'm sure they'll love it too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a very fun scrapbook page. Love the photo you chose and the way you made the (O) in LOVE by using the chipboard heart.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Soooo sweet!!! great picture and layout. This will be perfect for new stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. really great page. I wonder what we ever did before the corner punch... it makes it look so finished.

    ReplyDelete
  14. CUTE page - I love how you used the heart for the "v"!
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awe....what an adorable page!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips