Saturday, November 10, 2007

Weekend Workshop

I had my first Stampin' Up! party in a long time late this afternoon. I spent most of the afternoon getting ready and making sure I prepped and packed everything I needed. The hostess was one of my friends from my graduate school program. I had a great time meeting her family and friends and stamping with them. They were all brand-new stampers and so excited about trying everything out.

In addition an 8 1/2" x 11" version of the scrapbook page I shared here yesterday, here are the two cards I did with them. They are both pretty simple cards and feature the designer paper that SU! is offering as a special this month (buy three packs, get the fourth free!). I thought they would be a perfect introduction to the fun of stamping. The first one uses Priceless along with Cutie Pie designer paper. I used a layout very similar to this for one of my convention swaps, so for this card, I just changed out the images and paper colors. I am so glad I got this set. Now that I've started to use it, I am finding that it's so versatile and easy to use.

The second card has a winter/holiday theme, at the request of the hostess. Everyone was wowed by the beautiful patterns and color scheme of the Wintergreen designer paper and by the sparkle from just the tiniest touch of Dazzling Diamonds. I love the colors in this Wintergreen paper and the retro feel of the Snowburst images and they work so well paired together. The Soft Sky color was a big hit, too.

Materials Used (Priceless card):
Priceless stamp set, Rose Red and Bashful Blue Classic inks, So Saffron, Bashful Blue, Rose Red, and Whisper White cardstock, Cutie Pie designer paper, scalloped circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, dimensionals, mat pack and paper piercing tool, white gel pen

Materials Used (Sparkle card):
Snow Burst and Warm Words stamp sets, Soft Sky and Always Artichoke Classic inks, Soft Sky, Certainly Celery, Always Artichoke, and Whisper White cardstock, Wintergreen designer paper, large oval punch, Soft Sky stitched grosgrain, silver brad, Dazzling Diamonds, dimensional

4 comments:

  1. Lori,those are both so beautiful!
    Glad you and they enjoyed your workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple and very pretty..
    Nice choice of colors...soft
    love the scallops..and Pretty papers.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both so pretty! Love the colors too! ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips