Friday, November 2, 2007

Bloggers Challenge: Week 19

I guess you could call this card "Boots with Bling!" This week's challenge was to use lots of embellishments in your project. So, I went with buttons and bling on this one.

I used the now-retired SU! set Flower Filled for the main image. The boots are stamped in Blue Bayou ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. To do this, first I inked the stamp with Versamark, then inked immediately after with a layer of Blue Bayou. This made the image just tacky enough for the clear embossing powder to stick to the image. I usually heat emboss the boot image when I use this set, since it makes me think of those traditional rain boots in yellow or black with a glossy finish. I saw some real cute patterned ones in this style at Target--if I still did playground duty at a school, I would definitely have bought a pair!

The flowers are made with one of the small stamps from Little Flowers. I used some very tiny buttons that I got in a big box of assorted buttons as flower centers. The buttons made a perfect size center for the flower image. I also added a small rhinestone to the center of each button.

The sentiment is made with layers of circles. I used one of the circles from Papertrey Ink's Borders & Corners set, combined with a sentment from their Paper Tray set.

Cosmo and I are heading off for a little getaway at my family's house on the Delaware Bay for the weekend. The beach is so nice at this time of year--crisp, cool, and quiet. I'm sure there will be some outlet shopping going on, too. Please be sure to check out what the other challenge participants have done for this challenge. You can find links to their blogs in the sidebar on the right. I'm looking forward to checking their creations out when I get home at the end of the weekend.

Materials Used:
Flower Filled and Little Flower stamp sets, Bayou Blue, Certainly Celery, Real Red, and Soft Sky Classic inks, Versamark, Blue Bayou, Real Red, Soft Sky, Kraft, and Whisper White cardstock, Soft Sky Prints Series designer paper, Clear embossing powder, slit punch, Blue Bayou stitched grosgrain, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, silver brads, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Paper Tray and Borders & Corners-Circles stamp sets (Papertrey Ink); rhinestones and buttons (Walmart); 1 1/2" circle punch (EK Success)

18 comments:

  1. This is adorable Lori...what a great idea to use the rhinestones for the button centers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card-I love that set-I just ordered Paper Trey's garden boots stamp set and those same circles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, love the boots with bling, it really adds to the card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the flowers and the way you did the flower centers. Pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card, Lori! Love those boots! Great colors, and the flowers are super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great! I love the bling on the flowers. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very pretty! Nice card, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lori, this is SO beautiful!!!!!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty. This is one of my favorite SU sets even though it's retired now. Love the rhinestone flower centers and the cheerful colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really like how you added the hardware to each flower! Cool card and super color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card! Love the boots....love the colors...love the bling! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the rhinestones with this! Adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too cute...love the Boots with Bling!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant color choices! Adorable card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty Lori! I love the colors you chose and all those brads work perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips