Saturday, November 24, 2007

Cruiseabella with a Holiday Twist

To give people a little break from all of the holiday shopping they're doing this weekend, a fun challenge was posted on the Stamping Bella forum on SCS. The challenge was to take a non-holiday Bella stamp and turn the image into a holiday one. I knew right away what I wanted to do for this one. This challenge also works for another blog challenge from this weekend--Jen's challenge at Stamping Therapy to use masking on your card.

I used Stamping Bella's Cruiseabella and added some holiday gifts from the SU! Loads of Love stamp set to the top of the car to make the image holiday like. I stamped the gifts first, then masked them to stamp the car image. I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to get the placement exactly right. This makes it look like the presents are sitting right on top of the car, just waiting for Bella to deliver them.

I colored the image with Copic markers, using the fun striped shimmery paper as inspiration. It's more Christmas-y colors than I usually would do, but I really like the festive, fun pattern and colors. I added some Glaze pen highlighting to the tires and headlights and some Stickles to the car for sparkle. I filled in the car's windshield with Crystal Effects to make it look like glass (I just hope this card doesn't flip over on its front before the Crystal Effects and Stickles dry . . .)

The satin ribbon was from the dollar bin at Michaels. It actually works pretty well with SU!'s Green Galore. The shine of the satin is a good match for the shimmery paper, too.

Materials Used:
Cruiseabella stamp (Stamping Bella); Loads of Love and Everyday Flexible Phrases stamp sets, Pixie Pink marker, Green Galore, Gable Green, Real Red, and Pixie Pink cardstock, slit punch, Crystal Effects, Stamp-a-ma-jig, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); red brads (Joann); Cotton Candy Stickles (Ranger); assorted Copic markers; green satin ribbon (Michaels); Joyful Skinny Stripe patterned paper (KI Memories); yellow and black Glaze pens (Sakura); black ink (Brilliance)

10 comments:

  1. That is perfect!! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you've done with Cruieabella! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt Lori, the card is silly! I like silly things! Love, Jake

    Very cute and clever! Great colors!Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Lori! I love the colors you used. The patterned paper is really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that's cute!!! What a neat idea putting the gifts on the hood!
    Love it,very nice and bright!!TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute idea...the gifts look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute, love the packages on the hood!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, i love this! great color combo!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips