Thursday, November 29, 2007

Globetrottabella Thanks to Mom and Dad

For the holidays, my parents gave me a GPS for my car. Since I do a lot of driving around from place to place for my job, it will definitely come in handy! Yes, it is a little early for a holiday gift, but my mom gave it to me now because she was worried that with all of the great holiday sales that are going on, I'd go out and buy one for myself and that it would ruin the gift she and my dad had planned. I used it for the very first time yesterday--it was very helpful, but unfortunately it didn't stop me from arriving late to my appointment . . .

Here's the thank you card I created for them using Stamping Bella's Globetrottabella. I got this image through an image swap that I participated in. I thought she was the perfect image to use for a thank you card for a GPS. I used a sketch that Lauren posted on her blog as the design (see the sketch and her card here). This sketch works great for tall, skinny images like the Stamping Bella ones.

The patterned papers served as the color inspiration for this card. I wanted to pick papers that weren't too girly since the card is going to both my mom and dad. The greens, blues, and browns in these papers were the right feel. I colored Globetrottabella with Copic and Prismacolor markers. The globe is colored with the markers, too, then covered with one of the round, clear page pebble things. It fit the circle perfectly and really makes it stand out. You can kind of see it in this close up photo.

Be sure to check back tomorrow for my weekly blogger challenge project--I'm off to work on it now.

Materials Used:
Globetrottabella stamp (Stamping Bella); So Many Sayings stamp set, Close to Cocoa and Chocolate Chip Classic inks, Chocolate Chip and River Rock cardstock (Stampin' Up!); patterned papers (K & Company); button and brown twine (Walmart); olive grosgrain ribbon (Michaels dollar bin); page pebble (Making Memories); Copic and Prismacolor markers; brads (Creating Keepsakes)

7 comments:

  1. Oh she is just perfect! Love her. Great color choices too! Thanks so much for playing along, and sharing it with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the GPS! Great thank you card! I just ordered my first bella stamp this week...I can't wait till it comes in!

    Crissy
    SBS2

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, how cute is she? MAN i wish i had more bellas! super card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is just the cutest card, what lovely parents you have, bless them.

    I wanted to pop on and welcome you to the SBS2 sistahood and I look forward to getting to know you better - hugs - Alex xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky girl...a GPS!!! Good for you!
    Your card is suppa cute and cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love how that fit over the globe perfectly, your right it really makes it stand out! Wonderful job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How perfect! GPS's are so much fun. Great thing to take along if you do any camping. You can save the coordinates of your favourite places. :0) Mel

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips