Thursday, November 8, 2007

Snowbunnybella in Pink

I'm getting some Stamping Bella card kits ready for a swap I'm participating in and I had some of this fun, sparkly snow patterned pink paper left over from one of the kits. So, I had to use it for this week's sketch challenge from the SCS Stamping Bella forum. This sketch is perfect for the Bella images!

The paper is so pretty, I didn't want to cover it up with much else in the way of embellishments or other patterns. I stamped Stamping Bella's Snowbunnybella in black ink, then colored her with markers. I used some pink fun flock for the trim on her coat and boots (love that stuff!).

The sentiment is from Amuse. I stamped it in craft ink, then heat embossed it with Iridescent Ice to match the sparkly paper.

The piece around the front is a belly band closure. I used a magnetic snap to close the band ends at the front. The magnetic pieces are really thin, so they work well on cards. Lauren shared this idea on her blog a week or two ago and I've been wanting to give it a try--this sketch was a perfect fit.

I'm trying to keep this post quick tonight because my stamping area (downstairs) is absolutely freezing! I haven't been able to turn on my heat yet because the system needs to be cleaned before I turn it on. When it was turned on this summer to defrost my broken air conditioning, it had kind of a small fire/explosion, so until it's fully checked out, I'm not willing to risk attempting to heat my house. For the last few days, the temperature inside the house has been in the 50's. So, Cosmo and I are anxiously awaiting the arrival of the repair guy tomorrow morning. Hopefully, a good cleaning will keep the system running for a while longer . . .

Be sure to check back tomorrow to find out what this week's challenge was for the blogger challenge group I'm in . . .

Materials Used:
Snowbunnybella stamp (Stamping Bella); sentiment (Amuse); Pink Passion Craft ink, Pretty in Pink, Pixie Pink, and Whisper White cardstock, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, scalloped circle punch, 2-way glue pen, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Joyful Twinkle paper (KI Memories); magnetic snaps (Basic Grey); Fun Flock (Stampendous); markers

3 comments:

  1. CUTE card! I love that Snowbunnybella! She's adorable! I love the fun flock on her...adorable! Great job using those magnets...hope to find some soon!
    Sure do hope you get your heat working for you!! Gosh mine has been on since September :( LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so lovable!! I've seen her quite a few times now and she's pretty in any color imaginable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I love the belly band with this layout, and of course the pink bella.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips