Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thankful

I thought the sentiment in the new SU! Time Well Spent stamp set was kind of appropriate for a card for Thanksgiving day, since one of the things I'm most thankful for today is my good friends. This line art set will be available as a level 3 hostess set in the upcoming catalog.

This card uses pretty much the same materials as one I did over the weekend, but is a slightly different layout and color combination. This layout comes from Jen at I{heart}2stamp.com. It's a quick and fun one that can be used with lots of different stamp sets--I know I'll be trying it out again.

I stamped the large flower from Time Well Spent a few times in black ink, then colored it with my brand new, just arrived Copic markers and some of my Letraset markers, too. Between the two sets of alcohol ink markers, I have a good variety of color to choose from. Here, I used the patterned paper to determine my color choices. This paper is so bright, but so fun. I really like that it's glossy, too. After I colored the flower, I cut out different parts and reassembled it using dimensionals. I added some Cotton Candy Stickles to the flower for some sparkle.

I used the All in a Row stamp set for some faux stitching around the edges of the Apricot Appeal layer. With practice, I'm getting better at getting the images lined up well and actually placing them where I want them to be!

And on a Thanksgiving Day note, I'm truly thankful for all of my stamping friends who both inspire and encourage me. Thanks for visiting Inking Aloud! I hope everyone who is celebrating Thanksgiving today has a wonderful day with family and friends. I'm looking forward to spending time with mine later today.

Materials Used:
Time Well Spent and All in a Row stamp sets, Pixie Pink Classic ink, Regal Rose, Apricot Appeal, Cool Caribbean, Lovely Lilac, Gable Green, and Whisper White cardstock, corner rounder, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Copic markers; Letraset markers; Cotton Candy Stickles (Ranger); patterned paper (Marsha Pants by Starfish Dreams--from Michaels; Onyx Black ink (Versafine)

4 comments:

  1. I really like how you did the middle of the flower! GREAT dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! That's a gorgeous card!!Love
    how did that flower,all those colors are so nice,bright and cheery!!!Any friend would love to get that card I'm sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Lori. I love your vibrant colours & your layering. Makes me so glad that I have this set ;0) I'll have to practice with my All in a Row stamp set; it frightens me, lol. Looking forward to getting to know you through SBS2, :0) Mel

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips