Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Bundle Up-Not!

Tonight I pulled out my winter stamp sets from their off-season storage spot. It's kind of funny that I ended up doing that today since it was over 70 degrees outside today--definitely not winter-like weather! But, I'm sure that will change soon enough and I'll need to be pulling out my wintery weather clothes, too.

This card uses the sketch from today's SCS sketch challenge. I used the now-retired SU! Bundle Up stamp set for the main images on this card. I love how the images in this set look when they're stamped in bold colors! I used markers to color the images so they'd be two-toned. I trimmed around the images and attached them to the white panel with dimensionals.




When I use this set, I like to add some little details to the clothing pieces. Here, I filled in the dots and sparkles on the clothes with a Stardust pen. The mittens linked together using a piece of red wire from a wire set that hasn't been used much--I think this may actually have been the first time that I used the red wire. And, I added a very tiny white pom pom to the top of the hat. Hopefully you can see some of the details better in the close-up picture.

The white panel is speckled with Bashful Blue, using the Color Spritzer tool. I definitely need more practice with that thing! My first try turned out way too heavily spotted for my liking . . .

Materials Used:
Bundle Up and So Many Sayings stamp sets, Real Red Classic ink, White Craft ink, Real Red, Brocade Blue, and Bashful Blue markers, Night of Navy, Brocade Blue, Real Red, and Whisper White cardstock, Color Spritzer, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Moonlight White pigment ink (Brilliance); Snowflake embossing folder (Cuttlebug); mini white pom pom, red brad (Joann); red wire (Michaels)

6 comments:

  1. Lori, this is too cute! I love all the little details to the card! Just perfect and now I wish I had this set. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the added dimension to this. The colors are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, I think this card is fab! Love how you cut out the pieces and then used the wire for the mittens! Great plan! I didn't buy this set ever, but I think the Merry set had a mitten...will have to look and try this...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out GREAT! I love this stamp set myself! TFS and have a GREAT Thanksgiving! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card esp. the pom-pom on the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute!!! Love all the added details,you did a great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips