Monday, December 17, 2007

Back for a Little Bit

I'm on someone else's wireless internet signal, but at least it's something. My internet connection is still out and now the phone's out again, too. No technician appeared today, even though that was what I had been promised. I will be calling Verizon again tomorrow to see what they have to say for themselves and their lack of service . . . My mood is unpleasant to say the least and wasn't helped by a lack of sleep last night. Cosmo was freaked out by the windy weather and alternated between barking and crying all night. He was wandering around, rooting through things and He used his mouth to open the handle on the bathroom door and ended up sitting in the bathtub. Pretty pathetic, huh?

Without the internet, I have been busy with crafty stuff. Here's a set of cards I made for this weekend's featured stamper challenge. I was inspired by this trio of cards by Lisa. I used the same layout as Lisa did for two of the three cards. For the third, I flipped the layout from one of the other cards. I replaced the Fluffles image with this cute bird image from my new SU! stuff.

Lisa's card used checked and dotted patterned papers. I used a striped and floral paper in matching colors. I took the colors for the images and for the card base and mats from the patterned paper's vibrant colors. I colored the bird and the extra items with Copic markers. I set the bird on the panel so that the items the bird was holding (umbrella, flower, or hat) would reach a little bit beyond the limits of the white panel.

The cards came together really quickly using Lisa's designs as a base. I was able to make cards for three different occasions by changing the "accessory" I stamped with the bird. I've already sent the get well one (with the umbrella) to one of my coworkers who had surgery this morning. Here's a close up of the birthday version.

Hopefully, things will up and running right again tomorrow . . .


Materials Used: A Little Birdie Told Me stamp set, Real Red, Only Orange, Tempting Turquoise, and Whisper White cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (DCWV stack); red rick rack (Walmart); flowers (Prima); Copic markers; brads (Making Memories); Fruit Punch and Crystal Stickles (Ranger)

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your computer problems! I had to live without mine for a whole month while we were making the switch to FIOS last year and I felt lost. My DH says I'm addicted. I would have to agree with him. Hope they get it worked out soon.
    Your cards are fantastic! I love the colors. They're so fun and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What would we do without puters!!!
    Fun cards,I love 'em!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great cards, I love the springy colors. This is one of those when life hands you lemons moments. No internet but look what you created!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness Lori! Sorry that your internet and phone are STILL out...ugh!
    Your cards are FAB though! LOVE the bright DP and I am loving that bird too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sucks that your computer and phone are out. I hope everything gets fixed soon. I love your cards. Very cute. Great colors. Lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips