Saturday, December 8, 2007

Bella Ball, Part 2

Here are two more Bella cards for the Stamping Bella celebration. The first is for a challenge to make a card with a non-Bella image from Stamping Bella. I already used my group hug snowman image from Stamping Bella this week, so for the challenge I picked a different snowman image.

I decided to use the Christmakah image and make a Hanukkah card. I'm not sure why this is in the Christmas section of the Stamping Bella store, because there really isn't anything Christmas-y about it?? I stamped the image in black ink, colored it with Copic markers, and sponged a blue sky around it.

I used the glitter window technique here. It is so sparkly and pretty in real life--the photo doesn't do it justice. Here's a close up view that shows the sparkle a little more than the regular size image.


The front panel is embossed with the Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder and rubbed with some sparkly white ink to make the embossing stand out a little more. I added some silver ribbon and a felt snowflake with a silver Dew Drop at the center as embellishments, along with a simple sentiment. I realized I need more Hanukkah sentiments--couldn't find a small one I really liked to use on this card.

The second card is for Gina K's sketch challenge. I realized that I reversed the direction for the patterned paper stripes--oh, well. It follows the spirit of the sketch.

I used the same pattern from the Prints Series designer paper in Blue Bayou and Soft Sky for the patterned paper background. The image is Flowahbella. I colored her with Copic markers and added some Stardust glitter to her hair and dress and some Stickles to her flowers.

The felt flowers match the papers pretty well. I added a rhinestone flower to the center of the felt ones to cover the hole in the middle of the flower. The sentiment is from So Many Sayings. I love this set because there is a saying for pretty much every occasion--so handy to have!

After all of my work on these cards, I didn't think I was actually going to be able to post them tonight. My phone and internet service were out for a few hours. I spent a while on the phone with customer service, first with the automated system, which I kept asking to connect me to an agent, to which it kept responding that it was sorry it was having such a hard time understanding me. I was sorry about that, too! Once I got through to an agent and convinced him that I wasn't going outside by myself in the dark to locate some main phone line box (that I have no idea where it is to begin with!) for a test, I was told that a line test said the signal was strong, so I should just disconnect my phones and reconnect them in 15 minutes. So, now the internet somehow works, but the phones don't yet. I'll see what happens in the morning--too late to deal with it now . . .


Materials Used (Card 1):
Chrismakah image (Stamping Bella); So Many Sayings stamp set, Bashful Blue, Ballet Blue, and Whisper White cardstock, Silver embossing powder, Bashful Blue ink, Dazzling Diamonds, sponge, mat pack and paper piercing tool, word window punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Copic markers; silver gel pen; silver ribbon (Michaels); silver Dew Drop (Kitchen Sink Stamps); felt snowflake (American Crafts); giga scalloped circle punch (Marvy Uchida); packing tape; Snowflake embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

Materials Used (Card 2):
Flowahbella image (Stamping Bella); So Many Sayings stamp set, Chocolate Chip Classic ink, Close to Cocoa, Soft Sky, and Whisper White cardstock, Soft Sky and Blue Bayou Prints series designer paper, word window punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Copic markers; Crystal Stickles (Ranger); Stardust gel pen (Sakura); felt flowers (American Crafts); rhinestone flower (Joann)

7 comments:

  1. Love the Bella cards. Funny - I looked at the second one and thought - thats a cool layout. Then I thought - wait a minute, thats almost the same layout as a card on my blog where I didn't like the layout. LOL! I guess I'm just fickle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are cool. I relly like the sparkle on the first card and the the Bella card is just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! I especially like the snowman with all the sparkles....makes me think of a snow globe! TFS {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooohhhh I love your snowman card!!
    Love the glitter and it does look like a snowglobe!! Bella is cute as
    well!TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like them both, especially the 2nd one. The felt flowers are fantastic, and I think they really make the card! Great colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. LOVE the sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards. Love the bling of all that sparkle in your Hanukkah card, and your Bella is perfection, :0) Mel

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips