Sunday, December 23, 2007

Deer Friend

I made this card for today's featured stamper challenge on SCS. Crissy/#1artist4highhopes is such a talented artist. You can see her SCS gallery here. After looking at her gallery for a while, I decided that I wouldn't do anything that involved coloring since I knew I wouldn't be satisfied with the results . . .

I picked this card from Crissy's gallery to work with. I liked the pun theme of the card, but I don't have any images from High Hopes Stamps, so I looked through my collection for some kind of equivalent image. I ended up choosing the deer image from Moose You. I paired it with an Amuse sentiment (to a deer friend). I used the grass image from Trees Three and some sponged ink for the grass and sky so the deer had some kind of setting and not so much white space.

I kept with the same basic color scheme as in Crissy's original card for the cardfront and panels. The panels for the deer image and the mats are all cut with my rectangle Nestabilities sets. They make layering so easy. I've been getting my sets from U Cut at Home. You can sign up to get a 40% discount code each month via email, so I've been using this code to slowly build my collection of sets at a pretty good price.

Instead of watercoloring a line image for the strip along the bottom of the card, I stamped the bold heart image, also from Moose You, on a piece of white cardstock. For the top portion of the card, I wheeled the jumbo wheel across the red cardfront using white craft ink. The brown grosgrain was a last-minute addition to cover a big smear of white craft ink. It ended up working out okay even though it wasn't in my original plan.

Materials Used:
Moose You and Trees Three stamp sets, Lots of Hearts jumbo wheel and handle, Close to Cocoa, Real Red, Cool Caribbean, and Old Olive Classic inks, White Craft ink, Real Red, Chocolate Chip, and Whisper White cardstock, sponges, dimensionals, Chocolate Chip wide grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); sentiment (Amuse); scallop rectangle and rectangle Nestabilities (Wizard); heart brad (Making Memories)

2 comments:

  1. I love that deer! So stinkin' cute! Wonderful card Lori!
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I love the little reindeer! Cheery and perfect for the season.
    Hope your enjoying your holiday!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips