Thursday, December 13, 2007

First Card for Sketches! {by Tamara}

I'm pleased to share that I'm joining the card design team at Sketches! {by Tamara}. Each week Tamara posts a great card sketch on Thursday. I'll be creating a card to go along with the sketch that she posts on her site. I've found that sketches are a great way to get my creativity going, so I'm really excited about this opportunity. If you're a scrapbooker, Tamara has something for you, too. She posts a new scrapbook layout sketch every Monday. Be sure to stop by and check out Tamara's sketches for some stamping and scrapping inspiration.

Here's the very first card I've created to share on the Sketches site. I used a piece of patterned paper from a DCWV slab for the tiled pieces. They're 3/4" squares, sliced with my brand new Tonic paper cutter (works great!). The sentiment is two images from SU!'s So Many Sayings set, stamped in Versamark and heat embossed in silver.

If you give Tamara's sketch a try, leave a link to your card here in the comments section so I can check out your creation.

Materials Used:
So Many Sayings stamp set, Versamark, Real Red, Basic Black, and Whisper White cardstock, Real Red grosgrain ribbon, silver embossing powder, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (DCWV's Everyday Extreme Paper Pack); silver heart brad (Joann); stapler

4 comments:

  1. Very cool card Lori! Thanks for the link to do the sketches! Thursdays are great...not so much going on and I hope to get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card! I'm on the design team too, I look forward to seeing more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on joining the design team. Love this card. (How Funky!) :0) Mel

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips