Thursday, December 27, 2007

Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad

Tomorrow is my mom and dad's wedding anniversary (their 39th!). My sister and I have already given them a gift (the tickets to see Avenue Q earlier in the month), but I needed to make a card to give them for this special occasion, too. Making a card that goes to my dad is always poses a challenge since it can't be anything too frilly or girly. Since they're heading off to Florida tomorrow morning to see the University of Wisconsin play in the Outback Bowl on New Year's Day (go Badgers!), I gave them the card earlier this week--actually before our Christmas night dinner at TGI Fridays (yes, it was open on Christmas Day). It got rave reviews from both Mom and Dad, so it looks like I hit the mark on this one.

I bought this Wordsworth stamp a while ago with this occasion in mind. I had exhausted my collection of stamps to use for anniversary cards for them (they've seen them all!), so I had been looking for something a little different. The line art image is simple but sweet--perfect for an anniversary card.

I decided to go with a red and black color scheme. It's simple but striking without being girly and I thought it would work well with these images. I colored the image with Copic markers and added some glitter to the hearts and to the edge of the dress images using a clear Copic glitter pen.

I added a strip of velvet ribbon in black across the front of the card. The sentiment is one from the So Many Sayings stamp set. I punched it out with the word window punch and attached it over the end of the ribbon with a dimensional. I added just one silver heart brad at the bottom right corner of the card.

Tomorrow is Blogger Challenge Friday (Already? My week off is going way too quickly . . .) . Be sure to stop back tomorrow to check out my project for this week's challenge.

Materials Used:
Stick Love image (Wordsworth); So Many Sayings stamp set, Basic Black Classic ink, Real Red, Basic Black, and Whisper White cardstock, word window punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (Rob & Bob ProvoCraft Holiday Slab V); markers and clear glitter pen (Copic); black velvet ribbon (Michaels); heart brad (Making Memories)

3 comments:

  1. Lori, this is just way too cute! I can see why it recieved rave reviews! I love the Wordsworth image you used here! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lori,what a beautiful card!!
    Wow 39 years of marriage,that's
    wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Anniversary card Lori! Congrats to your parents on their 39 years!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips