Friday, December 28, 2007

Blogger Challenge: Week 27

This week's blogger challenge is another inspiration challenge. The inspiration for this card is actually from the holiday signs I saw at the Caribou Coffee shop near Metro Center when my family was en route to the National Theater to see Avenue Q last month (very funny, by the way). There was a Caribou Coffee location right at the top of the escalator as we exited the subway station to to go the theater and I commented on the eye catching holiday signs throughout the store and said that the color combination would make a fun card. Unfortunately, I can't find a version of the signs online to share with you here.

I used Cool Caribbean, Real Red, and Green Galore--the colors of the signs I saw. This layout came from fellow blogger challenge group member Lauren's blog some time ago. With the exception of the wheeled images on the Cool Caribbean cardfront, all the other images on this card are from the Priceless stamp set. I've been trying hard to stretch myself to use images from this set other than the butterfly and swirl--those are the two I always seem to reach for.

It's hard to see in the photo, but I used Green Galore craft ink to randomly stamp the circle and sparkle images on the Green Galore cardstock. It's a real subtle look, but is visible IRL.

Be sure to check out what the other blogger challenge group members have come up with for this week's challenge. You can find links to their blog in the sidebar on the right.


Materials Used:
Priceless stamp set, So Swirly jumbo wheel and handle, Cool Caribbean and Basic Black Classic inks, Green Galore Craft ink, Cool Caribbean, Green Galore, Real Red, and Whisper White cardstock, circle punches, dimensionals, mat pack and paper piercing tool, white gel pen (Stampin' Up!); green self-adhesive rhinestone (Joann); green satin ribbon (Michael's dollar bin); white brads (Making Memories)

12 comments:

  1. Wow...great card. Who would have thought that this color combination would look so wonderful together. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too luv the color combo, sure put a smile on my face this a.m.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great color combo! Such fun and happy color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you rocked the layout! I totally LOVE the bright colors! Looks awesome. I think I need to dust of my wheels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, Lori! I really like the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Lori, I love those bright colors! This layout is perfect to highlight that little flower too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors and the card is just adorable. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome color combo, and great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fantastic and so striking! What a great color combination! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool Card - those colors just look great together, and I love the layout too!
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips