Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Happy to Use "Happy Heart Day"

My new stamps from the SU! Preview brochure arrived yesterday and I had to try them out. I started with Happy Heart Day. The images in the set are a similar style to those in one of my other favorite sets, Unfrogettable. I made this card for today's color challenge on SCS. I guess that technically I cheated just a little bit. The colors to use were Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red, and Certainly Celery. My card has all of those--plus some Basic Gray. I just had to slip it in to use the elephant in the adorable Happy Heart Day set. I mean, everyone knows that elephants aren't rose or celery or pumpkin colored, after all . . .

Here, I stamped the elephant image on white cardstock. Then I stamped the image again on Basic Gray cardstock, then cut out the elephant part and placed it on the white panel. I used a white gel pen to highlight the elephant's paws/fingernails/whatever the appropriate name for things on the end of elephant hands are. I used markers to color the heart-shaped flowers and added a sponged-in patch of grass under the elephant. I used a clear glitter marker to add just a tiny bit of shimmer to the flowers and the heart the elephant is holding.

The patterned paper is a scrap of retired designer paper from last year's catalog. I think it was called Dots and Dashes?? I placed the mats for the image over the patterned paper, then attached the image to the mats with dimensionals. With the dimensionals in place, I wrapped the ribbon around the patterned paper and threaded it between the mats and the image, then tied the ribbon in a knot. So cute!

And, on a personal note--still no telephone service at my house!! It will probably be sometime Friday before I get it restored . . .

Materials Used:
Happy Heart Day stamp set, Basic Black and Certainly Celery Classic inks, Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red, Certainly Celery, Basic Gray, and Whisper White cardstock, Dots and Dashes designer paper, Rose Red and Certainly Celery markers, mat pack and paper piercing tool, white gel pen, slit punch, dimensionals, Certainly Celery grosgrain (Stampin' Up!); clear glitter pen (Copic)

6 comments:

  1. OMG, this is absolutely adorable. I love the colors, so bright and cheery! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card, Lori! You're making me wish I had pre-ordered this set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving this! I was eyeing up this very set in the little book that my mom had on the kitchen table! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just flipping for your use of orange here. There's not enough orange in the crafting world! Colour challenges are great, hey? Hope your phone is up again soon. What a pain in the bum! :0) Mel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori, this is incredibly CUTE! I LOVE how you did the elephant!!! So many great details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!!! You are just stamping away...great job with the new set!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips