Sunday, December 30, 2007

Merry and Bright

I was so excited when I saw who was selected to be today's featured stamper on SCS. Danielle/dlounds has just joined my SU! demo swap group and I've been admiring her work for a while. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to swap with her and have one of her beautiful creations in my possession! You can find her SCS gallery here and her blog, here: Fat Cat Stamper.

I picked a card from Danielle's gallery that showcased a small stamped image. You can see the card that inspired my creation here. I've really been trying to get better at using these tiny images for cardmaking. Today I used an image I got from the SCS Wish-RAK forum. I love this little round snowman from Merry & Bright from the most recent Holiday mini catalog, but didn't get the set since I knew that I wouldn't have much use for some of the other images in the set. I was able to get a whole bunch of just the snowman image to play with through Wish-RAK--that's what makes this such a great group.

I colored the snowman image with blender pens and reinkers. I added some Dazzling Diamonds to the hat and outlined the image with a Stardust pen. The image is set on circles I cut using my Nestabilities sets (have I said yet today how much I'm loving these things?).

The patterned paper panel is from a ProvoCraft Holiday Slab that I picked up on after-holiday clearance at Michaels last week. I added some snowflake buttons (minus the shanks) in the corner of the paper. The reds and greens in the patterned paper were a good match for Real Red and Wild Wasabi, so I used those here. I wheeled the Bold Snowflake wheel over the red cardstock in white craft ink and inked the edges of the panel in red with a sponge.

I had so much fun with my Wish-RAK images today I want to make sure I return the favor. So, I'm off to do some stamping so I can send some images to some Wish-RAK members . . .

Materials Used:
Merry and Bright stamp set, Bold Snowflake jumbo wheel and handle, Real Red and Basic Black Classic inks, White Craft ink, Blue Bayou, Wild Wasabi, and Real Red cardstock, dimensionals, Dazzling Diamonds, blender pen, 2 way glue pen (Stampin' Up!); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); red grosgrain ribbon, snowflake buttons (Michaels); Stardust gel pen (Sakura); patterned paper (ProvoCraft Holiday Slab)

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful Lori! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that snowman and probably used him way too much this holiday season...lol. I never get tired of seeing him! That DP you used on this card is FAB too!
    hmmmm maybe I should join that wish RAK club...I'd love to share with others!
    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your take on this. Great layout. I'm wishing I got that little snowman now! ;0) Mel

    P.S. Happy happy happy happy happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!! I love that little set myself.


    Just stopping by to wish you a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable. I lovee snowmen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute case! I agree, I can't wait to swap with Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card...love the bright colors and layers!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips