Saturday, December 29, 2007

Bright Bella

I made this card for the sketch that Lauren posted last Saturday. She used a Stamping Bella image for her sample and I ended up using one, too, but a different one! It's a little chilly in my stamp room, so I was in the mood for a cold weather type of image--so I went with Glideabella.

I stamped Glideabella in black ink, then colored her with Copic markers in shades of pink to match this sparkly pink snowflake paper. In real life, the card is much more pink than it is in the photo. For some reason, no matter what I did, I couldn't adjust the photo to get the right colors. So, just imagine that it has pink tones instead of purple ones! I used some fun flock on the collar and cuff of her jacket and added some glitter with a pink Copic glitter pen.

The sentiment is from the My Favorite Things winter set, Baby It's Cold Outside. It's a good match for this image and was a good "filler" for the white space on the right side of the image panel, too.

I added a snowflake embellishment to the image panel. The snowflake was actually a tiny ornament I found on clearance in a package of 10 or 12 at Michaels. I used my scissors to cut off the loop for hanging the ornament and it worked great. I put a little rhinestone at the center for more sparkle.

Materials Used:
Glideabella image (Stamping Bella); sentiment (My Favorite Things Stamps); Pink Passion Classic ink, Pixie Pink, Pink Passion, and Whisper White cardstock, circle punch, slit punch, paper piercing tool, two way glue pen (Stampin' Up!); snowflake paper (KI Memories); silver gel pen and clear Glaze pen (Sakura); rhinestone (Walmart); snowflake ornament (Michaels); white fun flock (Stampendous); Copic Ciao markers and pink Spica glitter pen

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE it-all in pink!!!
    Way cute. That paper layer is perfect. Cute snowflake too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori,
    What a great winter card! I think the pink is great and the snowflake is perfect--don't you love it when you can use things in different ways?

    Wishing you a Happy and Healthy New Year!

    Lori SBS2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lori,this is absolutely adorable!!! Love the pinks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lori! Wow, such a pretty pink Bella card! The colors are very feminine! Great job!

    Your SBS2 sis,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great details! Makes me want to make a pink card asap. :-) Mel

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable....love the scalloped edge and the circle snowflake. Love it in the pink colors too....just plain fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is absolutely stunning. I love it!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this! I need to break out my bellas . . .

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips