Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Pair of Pick a Petal Projects

Quick post tonight, and a quick project, too. Tonight is the first night of Hanukkah, so I had dinner at my parents' house to celebrate. My mom makes the very best latkes (potato pancakes), so I couldn't miss out on that, could I?

Here are two tiles from two different sets of tumbled tile coasters that I made for yesterday's Technique Lovers Challenge on SCS. I think these tiles would make a great holiday gift. They look so nice and they are pretty inexpensive to make (aside from the investment in stamps and inks . . .).

I used two of the petal stamps from the Pick a Petal stamp set to create the image on the tiles. They fit perfectly on these 4x4 inch tiles. When I use these images on paper, I tend to orient them just like I did on the tiles. For some reason, the flower just doesn't look right to me when I stamp the full flower (a complete circle of petals around a center).

Another nice thing about the images I used are that they don't require any coloring, so they come together really quickly. I used two coordinating colors of StazOn inks here. Once the ink set and dried, I heat set the ink on the tiles by heating them in the oven (400 degrees for about 15 minutes). Sadly, this is the first time I've turned my oven on in months--or maybe it's not so sad, considering my limited cooking skills . . . After the tiles cooled, I sprayed them with a coat of matte acrylic sealer and added felt pads on the back of the tiles.

Materials Used:
Pick a Petal stamp set (Stampin' Up!); Staz-on inks; matte acrylic sealer (Patricia Nimock); beige tumbled tiles (Lowes)

10 comments:

  1. These are great projects Lori! Love them all!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look GREAT Lori! Hope you enjoyed your dinner!!! TFS {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects! I love using these tiles and I agree they make fantastic gifts! LOL @ first time turning your oven on in months. Oh my...I think I find an excuse to turn mine on to help heat up the house! HAHA!
    Oh I'm jealous you had potato pancakes! One of my favourite things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great! Love the bright colors! I've never tried stamping on tiles but you have inspired me to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great...will make great gifts.
    I have never done this..but
    they sure look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project! I think they would make a very nice gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO cute! I know what i'm making for birthday gifts this coming year!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute! I love stamping on tiles.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips