Thursday, December 20, 2007

Sketches by Tamara #24

Here's my card for this week's sketch from Sketches {by Tamara} . I went with a monochromatic look here. The inks are all chalk inks from VersaMagic in different shades of purple. I used the flower images from the Happy Birthday Cupcake stamp set from Kitchen Sink Stamps. I love the variety of images in this set!

The white panels are actually self-adhesive labels (Avery Labels #05124, 1 1/4" by 3 1/2", 4 per sheet) that I stamped on instead of cardstock. This made it really easy to get even panels.

I added a word window punch piece for the sentiment. The sentiment, from the Never a Loss 4 Words set from Kitchen Sink Stamps, is stamped in white craft ink then heat embossed with white embossing powder.

The flowered ribbon was something I found a while ago in the dollar bin at Michaels. It's a perfect match for the purple flowers here.

If you give the sketch a try, be sure to come back here to leave a link so I can check it out.

Materials Used: Happy Birthday Cupcake and Never a Loss 4 Words stamp sets (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Orchid Opulence and Eggplant Envy cardstock, White craft ink, word window punch, white embossing powder (Stampin' Up!); chalk inks (Versa Magic); ribbon (Michaels); brad (Making Memories); self-adhesive labels (Avery #5124)

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, Lori. Those colors are so very cheerful and bright. Also, thanks for providing me with another source for sketches. I've added Tamara to my google reader for future inspiration...of course I read your blog all the time (you're already on the "A" list. *grin!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo glad you're "back in business"--I've missed my Inking Aloud inspiration! Love the colors on both cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Great color combo. I love what you are making with this set:)
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! the colors are fantastic! So cool that the labels fit so nicely....pretty card....!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your sketch card, the colors are great and the stamps you chose are nice. I can see it as a Valentine card and think I'll try it like that. TFS

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips