Friday, January 4, 2008

Blogger Challenge: Week 28

Today's blogger challenge was to use pink and brown for your creation. I immediately thought of doing a pink elephant (not sure why, but that's what came to mind . . .), so I pulled out my Happy Heart Day set from the new SU! catalog. I love the line art images in this set--they're similar to one of my other favorite line art sets, Unfrogettable. They aren't too detailed, so they're not too challenging for my limited coloring skills to manage.

I decided to make the elephant image into the topper part of a tent topper card. I haven't done one of these in a while. I used three different Nestabilities dies to create the nested circles for the elephant image. Since the elephant image is kind of large, this topper is a little larger than the ones I've done before, but it still seems to work.

I colored the image with Copic markers. I added some pink Stickles to the heart shaped flowers, too. The tiny heart the elephant is balancing on the end of its trunk is cut out from Regal Rose ink and attached with a tiny scrap of a stampin' dimensional. I ran the edge of the circle across my Pretty in Pink ink pad for a little bit of color.

The card base uses a little piece of polka dot patterned paper from the new Bali Breeze designer paper package. I love the bright colors of these papers! I tied a piece of wide pink grosgrain ribbon around the patterned paper and slipped a strip of scallop edged Regal Rose paper under the ribbon.

Be sure to check out what the other blogger challenge group members have created using the yummy pink and brown color combo. You can find links to their blogs in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used: Happy Heart Day stamp set, Pretty in Pink Classic ink, Pretty in Pink, Close to Cocoa, and Regal Rose cardstock, Bali Breeze designer paper, mat pack and paper piercing tool, white gel pen, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); pink grosgrain ribbon (AC Moore); Cotton Candy Stickles (Ranger); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); markers (Copic)

36 comments:

  1. I love your pink elephant! So cute! Is your group closed to add ons or are you guys still accepting members? I LOVE to do challenges! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I luv it...sure put a smiley on my morning face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet and happy card. Love all of your scallops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pink Elephants - who would have thought they'd look so cute! Love your Tent Topper card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this little tent card, the little elephant is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori,
    I wasn't all that crazy about this stamp set. But your oh so cute pink elephant could almost change my mind ;-) LOVE IT!
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! This card is totally adorable! I love it! Good decision on making a pink elephant! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lori,

    I love your pink elephant. Great job on coloring it. You don't seem to be challenged in coloring skills!

    Your SBS2 sis,
    Maria (Stampin Inspirations)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty Lori! I love the polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute, pink, and adorably girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! Love it! Love it! It's probably one of my favorites...

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute is this Lori??? Oh my gosh....simply adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is adorable! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, this is SO sweet. You all are going to make me buy that set, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute! Where is the blogger challenge held? I would be interested in participating in these..... LMK!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that paper - cute elephant also!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lori, this is fantastic! Love that cute pink elephant and the pretty sparkly flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous! I love the pink elephant!

    Many Blessings,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this pink elephant and it's just amazing to me how many different layouts I'm seeing with this challenge. Love the subtle pink and brown you used!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful details, Lori! This is such a sweet card! If I were you, I'd hate to give it away! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh my gosh that pink elephant is soooo dang cute. love it

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is adorable and pink and brown is one of my favorite color combos ever:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh funny....your pink elephant reminds me of a baby toy we had when we were kids....a pink elephant and his trunk is up like that and everything!! Thanks for the memory! Adorable card..love all the scallops and your coloring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the popped up heart on his trunk. I really adore this set and your card is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Pretty card! I love all of the scallops and the little heart popped up on his trunk.

    ReplyDelete
  26. ADORABLE !!!! Elephants are supposed to be pink, aren't they? hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  27. OMW! I so love it! Great coloring and layout! The scallop details ROCK! WTG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the Pink elephant...very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your pink elephant.....makes it a fun card! Someone once told me that pictures or statures of elephants when given away, bring good luck to the recipient....IF the trunk is turned up! Your recipient sure will be lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  30. OH! This is such a cute elephant! He's my favorite one out of that Happy Heart Day set! Nice touch with the scallop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. what a great card! great job with the challenge!

    sbs2 sis,
    jenn*

    ReplyDelete
  32. I wasn't gonna get this set, but I think you're enabling me with this card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I really love this card. It's sooo cute!!!

    If you haven't done one... you've been tagged :D

    The rules of the game:
    • Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
    • Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog, we all want to know them.
    • Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
    • Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is so darn cute! I really love the colors on this card...

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips