Monday, January 14, 2008

New SU!

My much anticipated first order from the new Stampin' Up! Spring-Summer Collection arrived today and was waiting on the front steps when I got home from work. Even though I have a lot of little things to do to get ready for the installation of the last of the replacement windows in my house tomorrow morning, I had to try out some of my new goodies.

This card features the new Stitched Exotics stamp set. I used some of the color scheme that SU! highlights in their Eastern Eclectic collection. The card base and the patterned paper are Pumpkin Pie.

I stamped the large flower image from the set in Rose Red ink. Even though I didn't use it on this card, I tried it out and yes, the five petal flower punch does work with this image--yay! I used a brad to attach one of the new felt flowers to the center of the stamped image. I used Tempting Turquoise (blue is a complementary color to orange) as another accent color and stamped the flourish image on the turquoise in white craft ink.

At the last minute, after much debating with myself, I decided to add a sentiment. I used "happiness" from the Warm Words set, stamped in Rose Red directly on the patterned paper.

After making this card, I've added a few more things to my must-have list, like the Stitched background stamp that coordinates with this stamp set, and the striped Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon, and some of the new bead duos to add to the center of the flowers. It's a good thing that February is Sale-a-Bration and I already had planned to place a big order . . .

The good thing about having the windows installed tomorrow is that I have to stay home from work while the installation is completed. Guess that means I'll have some extra time to try out my new stamps tomorrow . . .

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Stitched Exotics and Warm Words stamp sets, Rose Red Classic ink, White Craft ink, Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red, Tempting Turquoise, and Whisper White cardstock, Bali Breeze designer paper, Tempting Turquoise grosgrain ribbon, Flower Fusion embellishment, silver brad, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensional

9 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! Glad you are having fun playing with your new toys!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this! The colours are fabulous, and stamping the white on the turquoise looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love coming home to some goodies :D Nice card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what fun colors - of course house stuff can wait when theres rubber to be inked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super fun colors, Lori! Looks like your having fun with your new rubbah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful colors! Have fun with your new stamps!!! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card! I love the color combo...great choices! Glad to hear good things about the new products, too! Off to read more of your blog! Kerilou SCS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun mail day! I love this card! It's so bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips