Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Another New SU! Set

I made this card for today's color challenge on SCS. I rarely use either Apricot Appeal or Sage Shadow, so I found that I had quite a bit of those colors in my stash. Rose Red, on the other hand, is a color I find myself using a lot lately. Some of that may be because I'm still working my way through the Palette of Prints paper packages that I got in the spring and Rose Red is one of the colors that came in the packages. I used one of the pieces, the dotted one, as the inspiration for the card.

I used the brand new Stemming From stamp set for the card. I put this on my order, then removed it a few times before deciding to get it in my first order. It's a simple, two-step stamping set that looks a little different from the other flower sets I have.

I stamped the solid flower using the rock and roll technique, then stamped over it with the outline flower. The center of the flower was stamped in Rose Red ink, then punched out with the 1/2" circle punch (a perfect fit), matching the patterned paper perfectly. I added some Dazzling Diamonds to the polka dots and attached the circle to the flower with a dimensional. I sponged a little apricot ink around the edges of the white panel--it looked too bright white to me.

The flower panel is layered on an Apricot Appeal panel that's stamped tone on tone with craft ink. The craft ink has a subtle look when it's stamped on matching cardstock. I've been slowly building up my supply of craft inks and I'm glad I've started to do that. They give a different look and it's nice to have that option.

I added a sentiment from Stem Sayings along the side of the apricot panel. This set was on my first order from the previous SU! catalog and I have barely used it until just the past few weeks. I think it will work well with this stamp set.

The installation of my replacement windows is almost complete, which is a good thing, because it's starting to get pretty chilly in my house. Right now the installation guy is putting on the final touches with--get this--my stamping heat tool! His heat gun stopped working and he said he'd need to go out to pick up a new one. I asked if my craft one would work--boy, was he shocked that I had a heat gun lying around. So, there is a good reason to accumulate all of those stamping supplies--you never know when they'll be needed . . .

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Stemming From and Stem Sayings stamp sets, Rose Red, Apricot Appeal, and Sage Shadow Classic inks, Apricot Appeal Craft ink, Rose Red, Apricot Appeal, Sage Shadow, and Whisper White cardstock, Rose Red Prints Series designer paper, slit punch, corner rounder, mat pack and paper piercing tool, white taffeta ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds, 1/2" circle punch, dimensionals, sponge

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I just LOVE this! Love the dimension and all the scallops!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have used the colours on this card

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute! I like the little details on this card, the popped up flower and the scalloped border, very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute layout, Lori! I love all the scallops! Great job with these colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute Lori! The colors look great on this card along with the scalloped edges. Hope your window replacement went well so you can keep warm! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. He better not burn out your heat gun! Too funny!

    Love this card. The colors are really striking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Card...
    pretty scallops..great dimension.
    Wonderful colors..cute details.
    I like the new flower stem stamp.
    I did not notice this one..cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SOOO sweet! Those colors look wondeful together! Love all the little details you added too! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips