Saturday, January 5, 2008

Pink Thanks with Style

This card is for Beate's weekend sketch challenge, which returned this weekend after a holiday hiatus. I changed the dimensions a little bit to fit my plan, but I really like how it came out.

The inspiration for this card was a package of felt hearts I got earlier this week. I loved the pinks and reds in the container and wanted to try them out, but not on a Valentine's Day card. I found this fun paper in a pattern called Lava Lamp that matched up well with the hearts. I had to laugh when I saw the name of the paper. When I was little my parents had a lava lamp and I was absolutely fascinated by it, so much so that for years, I always said I wanted one of my own. On my 18th birthday, my little sister obliged and I got a lava lamp of my very own. And, though I haven't turned it on in many years, I still have it on display in my living room.

Anyway, back to the card . . . I used the Thanks with Style stamp set from Kitchen Sink Stamps for the main image and sentiment. I've had this set in my stash of stamping stuff for a while now, but hadn't inked it up until now. I used SU! craft ink for the images and it worked beautifully with the clear stamps. One of the great things about craft ink is the way it looks on colored cardstock. Because of the opaqueness of the ink, I could stamp the sentiment on the pink cardstock and have it show up beautifully.

I wanted to add a red heart brad to the bottom right corner of the card, next to the sentiment, but I didn't have one. So, I found a silver one and colored it red with one of my Copic markers. How cool to be able to do this!

Materials Used:
Thanks with Style stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Real Red Craft ink, Regal Rose, Real Red, and Whisper White cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool (Stampin' Up!); felt hearts (American Crafts); patterned paper (Lava Lamp from the Pop Culture line by KI Memories); wide red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels BasicBasic ribbon); brad (Making Memories); Crimson marker (Copic)

11 comments:

  1. Your card turned out gorgeous!
    Thanks so much for trying the sketch
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caaauuute card! I want that stamp! It is really stylish! Great blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card..you can never have too much pink and red!!
    I really like the pink elephant! I'll have to try that next!
    great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Lori! Very cool that you could colour the brad with your copic marker!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pinks and reds are fabulous together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! The embellishments really make it special--the felt heart is great as is the ribbon but I really like the red strip you used along the bottom of the lava paper. It is such a simple thing but it really ties things together.

    Lori SBS2

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips