Sunday, January 6, 2008

Eat Cake Gift Trio

I did a pretty quick and simple card for today's featured stamper challenge that I can add to my stash of birthday cards to be used this year. The featured stamper this week is Nancy/stampinat6213. You can find Nancy's SCS gallery here and her blog iSTAMP here. My card was inspired by this card in Nancy's gallery. I kept the layout and theme the same, but changed lots of the details.

I took my color inspiration from the striped paper scrap from the Cutie Pie paper pack. I went with the softer of the three colors here and omitted the red entirely in my stamped images and other papers.

I stamped the cake/gift image from Eat Cake three times on a white panel. I stamped off once before stamping each cake so that when I stamped the bow in the same ink, the bow would be a darker color. Then, I made each cake a little bit different by adding elements from different SU! cake and birthday stamp sets--the squiggly pattern from Fun Filled, the sparkle and dots from Eat Cake, and the dots from Big Bold Birthday.

I used a sentiment from the Short & Sweet set. It fits perfectly in the word window punch with room to spare for a brad at one end. I used a celery colored one here.

Materials Used:
Eat Cake, Big Bold Birthday, Fun Filled, and Short & Sweet stamp sets, Certainly Celery, So Saffron, and Bashful Blue Classic inks, Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Bashful Blue, and Whisper White cardstock, Cutie Pie designer paper, mat pack and paper piercing tool, word window punch, celery brad, Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!)

9 comments:

  1. Lori, I LOVE this card. It's very cheery!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors! Perfect for a birthday card! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors! Great birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lori! Your card is fabulous! I love the stripe and great colors! Very festive card!

    Your SBS2 sis,
    Maria (Stampin Inspirations)

    ReplyDelete
  5. suvh a bright and cheery card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori, Just had to see your wonderful FS#48 card on your blog! You've done a fabulous job with it ... I just love it! Thanks for playing along, and thanks for the links! Stampin' Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the colors and the layout and the images. really cute with lots of detail. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the softness of this. Maybe I'll have to go without embossing for a change to emulate it. LOVELY! :0) Mel

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips