Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Spotlight Celebration

This card is for today's SCS sketch challenge. To keep it kind of quick, I decided to not use a flower image that needed to be cut out for the focal point. Instead I made a medallion using the large circle image from In the Spotlight and the faux metal technique. I layered the medallion on a circle and scalloped circle cut with my Nestabilities sets.

I chose a blue and brown color palette to make this card more masculine. I probably should have gone with the darker blue (Blue Bayou) for the piece of dotted patterned paper on the cardfront. I think that would have made the card more masculine. With the idea of creating a masculine card in mind, I kept the embellishments pretty limited. I added three copper brads to go with the copper medallion. I also glued a dew drop to the medallion's center for some more interest.

I used the versatile Celebrate Everything set to stamp the sentiment on the panel across the front of the card. The font and words in this set make it a good one for lots of occasions. I stamped the "celebrate" in craft ink for a little different look.

Materials Used:
In the Spotlight and Celebrate Everything stamp sets, Blue Bayou Classic ink, Close to Cocoa Craft ink, Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, and Close to Cocoa cardstock, Soft Sky Prints Series designer paper, Classy Copper embossing powder, Crystal Effects, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); copper brads (Making Memories); striped patterned paper (My Mind's Eye Bohemia line-Bluebird "All Boy" Stripe); plastic dome embellishment (Michaels)

10 comments:

  1. I really like how you did the medallion. Great work! :) Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! That medallion is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori! Wow spectacular! I love the metallic look to it! The card looks stunning!

    Your SBS2 sis,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That medallion is spectacular! What a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! That medallion looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW< this is stunning!! I opened my email this morning, and this gorgeous copper caught my attention...Fantastic job on this challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - I just love that faux metal technique - the card is outstanding - LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning Lori...I love the faux metal technique and your choice of stamps for this is perfect. So very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ouuuu! That faux metal medallion looks so hot in copper: Gorgeous! :0) Mel

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips