Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Take Two

Today's sketch challenge on SCS was to make a kickstand card. I have been wanting to try this ever since I first saw this style of card on Kirsten's blog. As I mulled this over today, I realized that a kickstand card is basically a tent topper card turned upside down. So, I decided that for the challenge, I'd turn the tent topper card I made for my blogger challenge project on Friday upside down, with a few changes of course.

The elephant from Happy Heart Day and its circle and scalloped circle mats remained basically the same as in my original version. I used slightly different shades of pink and green Copic markers to color this one to go with the patterned papers I had chosen.

Since I thought the pink elephant was so cute, I found some patterned papers with pink in them for the cardfront. I also found some ribbon (Martha Stewart brand) that was pink edged with brown to tie in the pink and brown from the main image panel and the patterned paper.

Once I was done, I didn't like the plain pink inside of the card showing on the front. I found some subtle pink and white checked patterned paper and trimmed it down to fit inside the card.

Fun! I will definitely be trying this style of card again soon. Maybe for a shoebox swap I'm going to next month???

Materials Used:
Happy Heart Day stamp set, Pretty in Pink, Close to Cocoa, and Regal Rose cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, white gel pen, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); striped patterned paper (Making Memories Cosmopolitan line); checked paper (Memory Box Layette line); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); Graphite Black ink (Brilliance); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); Cotton Candy Stickles (Ranger); organdy ribbon (Martha Stewart); black and clear Glaze pens (Sakura)

14 comments:

  1. Awesome card. I never heard of this style of card until earlier today. I can't wait to give one a try :)

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, this is adorable! I love all the cards you have done with this image. They're fantastic!

    SBS2 Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely adorable! Lovey, lovey!! Love your coloring on the elephant too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card Lori!! YOu did great with that sketch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just adorable. Love the pink elephant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute. Love the colors, the background striped paper especially!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am soooooo loving your pink elephants! I must do one too! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute card! I love the elphant stamp. And I just gotta try this Kickstand Card...very cool! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect Card.
    The striped paper is so perfect
    with your pink elephant...
    and pretty ribbon.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is way cute - I need to try this layout.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the pink on that elephant is just the best -- what fun!! Great kickstand card!!

    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute with that ellie and PP, Lori! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I did a kickstand card, too! Yours is adorable! I had a pink elephant in my room when I was a baby..perfect colors!! Kerilou

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips