Thursday, January 10, 2008

Sketches {by Tamara} #26

Here's my card for this week's sketch on the Sketches {by Tamara} blog. It is a long, tall, card--the very first one I've ever done like this. It was a fun size to work with.

I used a set I just got in a trade with another SCS member (great way to get "new" sets to replace unused ones in your collection, by the way . . .). Big Blooms was in the spring mini catalog in 2007 and I really, really liked it then but decided I could resist it, especially since I had just purchased another big floral set (Bodacious Bouquet). When the new catalog came out, I got Ginormous Flowers, which is similar, but just not the same. So, I was thrilled to get the chance to trade for it.

I stamped the flower image two times on scraps of Very Vanilla cardstock and cut the flowers out. I put brown buttons in the flower centers using glue dots. I bent the petals forward just slightly and attached the flowers to the vanilla cardfront using dimensionals.

The stem in the Big Blooms set was shorter than I wanted to use here, so I used the stem from Bodacious Bouquet and the leaf, too. I inked the leaf using the rock and roll technique to give it a darker edge.

You can see the sketch and what the other design team members created using the sketch, on Tamara's blog. If you give the sketch a try, be sure to stop back here and leave a comment with a link so I can check out your version.


Materials Used:
Big Blooms, Bodacious Bouquet, and Warm Words stamp sets, Cool Caribbean, Certainly Celery, and Always Artichoke Classic inks, Cool Caribbean, Very Vanilla, and Kraft cardstock, Chocolate Chip marker, spring green grosgrain ribbon, glue dots, dimensionals; twine, buttons (Walmart); brad (Creating Keepsakes)

12 comments:

  1. Hi Lori! Your card is absolutely gorgeous! I love the Bodacious Bouquet set! I love the cool caribbean color you used for the flower. Beautiful job!

    Your SBS2 sis,
    Maria (Stampin Inspirations)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this card - your others are cool too! Glad I stopped by, keep up the good work!
    tfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so sweet! I just love the colors. I am going to have to try this color combo myself. So so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are making me wish I had that set now too! Fab card Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card... I love the images and your color combo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card..
    Flowers are beautiful and
    the shape is great.
    Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those buttons and the color combo is great on this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great card! I really like the buttons in the middle of the flowers and the colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is so much I like about this card. The colors are great. The layout is fun. The flowers are very cool. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this! Great POP and the colors are so perfect.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips