Friday, February 8, 2008

Blogger Challenge: Week 33

This week's challenge was a color challenge. The color combo was Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red, Taken with Teal, and Old Olive. I guess you could say that I cheated just a *little* on this one. I had recently completed a card for my swap group using a very similar color combo (Tempting Turquoise instead of teal, no olive), so I ended up reworking my swap card a bit to meet this challenge.

I used the new SU! set Stitched Exotics for this card. I stamped the large flower image from in Rose Red on white cardstock and trimmed around it. In my swap card, I used the stamped flower image a second time--the second flower was punched out using the five-petal flower punch and attached over the first flower. Here, I used two different color flowers--same shape, but different sizes--at the center of the stamped image.

I dressed up the teal panel by stamping the large swirl/flourish image in white craft ink and embossing the image with white embossing powder. On my swap card, I used the smaller flourish image and didn't emboss it. It stands out so much more this way--a definite upgrade.

Be sure to check out what the other challenge participants have created using these colors. You can find links to their blogs in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Stitched Exotics and Short & Sweet stamp sets, Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red, Taken with Teal, and Whisper White cardstock, Bali Breeze designer series paper, Rose Red Classic ink, White Craft ink, Winter White embossing powder, white taffeta ribbon, corner rounder, Felt Fusion flowers, silver brad, mat pack and paper piercing tool, white gel pen, dimensional

17 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love the swirl on the Taken with Teal piece. And the flowers are great. Super job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks WONDERFUL Lori! So springy!!! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bold & Beautiful. The Swirl in the White is very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep expecting to read that you've been invited to join a new design team, your creations are great! You really do wonders with sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great Lori! Awesome job on this colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you used the swirl to make the flower look like a comet! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Lori! Interesting color combo. . .very bright and happy!

    Your SBS2 sis,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW is that ever pretty! YOu rocked this color combo-the white embossed swirl is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very bright and pretty! So summery! I am having so much fun looking at all these gorgeous cards today, and you have been busy I had to scroll down far -- you have lots of great stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips