Thursday, February 7, 2008

Wedding Rose Card

A friend of my family's is getting married in Florida next weekend. I won't be attending for several reasons including that due to his combination of extreme separation anxiety and a variety of funky health issues, Cosmo the crazy dog can't be boarded at a kennel (or basically anywhere other than with my parents!) and also because I have my weekend graduate school class to attend. So, since I'll be missing the wedding, I needed to create a special card to accompany the gift I'm sending on from my sister and me.

The wedding colors are black and silver, so I wanted to incorporate that into the card, but without making the base of the card black. And, I also wanted to use my new Hearts & Roses stamp set from Kitchen Sink Stamps. I've been holding off on sending the gift until I could make a card to go with it, so I'm glad the stamps arrived in time for me to use them for this card. I have been so impressed with what the other KSS design team members (and other stampers) have done with this set--I just had to have it, too.

So, given those parameters, here's what I came up with. The rose on this card is actually the first rose I stamped with this set (well, really, the second, after the one I tried out on scrap paper to see how to line up the layered images--which I don't think counts!). The image is amazing! I stamped it on shimmery white cardstock using regular dye inks. I used several different Nestabilities dies to make the "topper" for the tent topper portion of this card.

The cardfront is covered with a piece of silvery paper with an elegant harlequin pattern. I found the paper buried deep inside of my paper pile. I stamped the sentiment "Love" from the Love & Luck stamp set and heat embossed the image with silver embossing powder.

Materials Used:
Hearts & Roses and Love & Luck stamp sets (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Rose Red, Certainly Celery, and Old Olive Classic inks, Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Basic Black, and Shimmery White cardstock, silver embossing powder (Stampin' Up!); pink satin ribbon (Basics Basics--Michaels); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); patterned paper (unknown)

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!! I agree the stamps are amazing! I love the colors you used and the background. Totally gorgeous!
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Lori!! So pretty - can't wait to play with mine!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Lori, this is GORGEOUS! That stamp is perfect! You did a wonderful job on this wedding card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. now that rose is gorgeous! I've not checked out this company or stamp set yet...but your card is awesome! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips