Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Gina K Designs Challenge Cards

Last night, I finished these two cards for challenges posted in the SCS Gina K Designs forum. I have just a few Gina K stamps, but I showcased them using two of the sketches posted in the forum.

I'm able to post them this morning because I'm home from work due to the elections being held today. I'm looking forward to having the opportunity to vote in a primary election where my vote really matters. I say this because usually there is already a nominee selected based on earlier primaries before the primary elections occur in our area. Anyway, on to the cards so I can head out to cast my vote now that I have confirmed where I actually vote (since I moved to this house, my polling place has switched with almost every election!) . . .

The first card uses the adorable "Crabby Dancer" image and coordinating sentiment. I stamped the image on white cardstock and colored it with Copic markers. I sponged a soft blue sky around the image and added a sandy shore by rubbing white craft ink along the torn edges of kraft paper scraps, then layering the scraps to look like the irregular shoreline.

Using Nestabilities made it easy to cut out the circle for the image and to cut out a frame. I placed the crab image directly on the cardfront, then used dimensionals to attach an embossed panel to the front

Materials Used:
Crabby Dancer and "Just Be-Claws" images (Gina K Designs); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); markers (Copic); Soft Sky Classic ink, White Craft ink, Brocade Blue, Real Red, and Kraft cardstock, Real Red grosgrain ribbon, word window punch, dimensionals, sponge (Stampin' Up!); D'vine Swirls embossing folder (Cuttlebug); circle dies (Nestabilities); Graphite Black ink (Brilliance); clear Glaze pen (Sakura)

For the second card, I used the Stamps for a Cause set Love You to Pieces. I stamped the puzzle piece image in brown ink on white cardstock. I used a scrap of acetate and pink Staz-on to create an overlay that I placed directly over the puzzle pieces. The overlay is attached with tiny glue dots. I layered this piece on a few color coordinated mats with dimensionals.

I used the heart covered paper from DCWV as the color inspiration for this card. I used my very high-tech (NOT!) collection of plastic lids to trace a curved piece to fit the edge of the card. I matted the patterned paper on Close to Cocoa cardstock and added a matching strip, embellished with velvet ric rac and a felt heart to the bottom of the card. I stamped the sentiment in brown ink to match the puzzle pieces.

Materials Used:
Love You to Pieces stamp set (Gina K); Basic Brown Classic ink, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, and Close to Cocoa cardstock, glue dots, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (DCVW stack); velvet ric rac, pink felt heart (American Crafts); pink ink (Staz-on); rectangle dies (Nestabilities )

5 comments:

  1. Your crab is too cute! Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are too cute Lori! Love that heart overlay and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love punny cards and this one is great! Thanks for sharing.

    Lori SBS2

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips