Monday, February 11, 2008

New Stamps, New Technique

As soon as I saw the technique featured on today's technique challenge on SCS, I knew that I'd use one of my new floral silhouette images from Starving Artistamps to try it out. The technique is called "ink, spray, and smash" and is a lot of fun--and a bit messy, too. You can find a link to directions for the technique here.

I used Cameo Coral, Creamy Caramel, and Summer Sun to create the bright, variegated background for the image. I used a Ranger craft sheet to cover my work surface. It kept the reinkers from staining and made cleanup easy, at least for my table. My hands--well, that's another story altogether . . .

I stamped the floral image several times at different levels on the paper using Brilliance ink. I had originally wanted to heat emboss the ink, but I tried to speed up the drying process on some of these papers with my heat gun and didn't like the changes to the colors, so I stayed with just ink.

The vibrant background called for a simple layout to showcase the image. I used a rust card base and a brown and coral strip across the front to set the image off from the cardfront. I didn't have any rust colored ribbon, so I improvised. I found a Copic marker that was a close match to my rust cardstock and simply colored a piece of cream ribbon. Worked great!

Just a reminder--here's a link to a post with info on how you can save 10% on your next new order with Starving Artistamps.

Materials Used:
large silhouette floral image (FS-9, Starving Artistamps); Cameo Coral, Creamy Caramel, and Summer Sun reinkers, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, Cameo Coral, and Glossy White cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, photo corner punch, Very Vanilla grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); marker (Copic Ciao); Coffee Bean pigment ink (Brilliance); copper brads (Making Memories)

6 comments:

  1. This card is so pretty! Great way to showcase the technique inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is stunning! Such gorgeous rich colors! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! This is so gorgeous!!
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Those colours, and stamps, are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so beautiful! The colors are perfect! I need to check out this technique.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips