Monday, February 18, 2008

Miserable Monday

Readers, be warned--I have had a rotten day! I knew it would be rotten when I woke up in the middle of the night and had to peel my left eye open. Pink eye--again, for like the third time in the last few months! I went back to sleep, knowing I couldn't do much about it at 3:15 am and also knowing that I had to be up relatively early on my day off from work to wait for a service call on one of my sliding glass doors. So, I guess I shouldn't have been surprised when the phone rang during the service call window and a service rep called to tell me that they didn't have the materials for the repairs that needed to be done, even though they called on Friday afternoon to confirm my appointment. Then, since I was already wide awake and dressed, I visited the walk-in clinic for drops for my eyes and antibiotics for the cough/cold/sinus thing that has pretty much consumed me for the last week. After that, I tried to run several errands--all completely unsuccessful (store not open at the time the website said it would be, wrong size items, sold out special deals). So, I decided that coming back home and putting my pajamas back on might be the way to go . . .

I figured I'd try to do some stamping and see if I could get anything to go my way today and to keep from rubbing my itchy, irritated eye. To get me started, I decided to use some sketch challenges posted by fellow bloggers over the weekend. This card is based on Lauren's Saturday sketch. I used the dainty thank you image from the SU! hostess set For a Friend as the main image on the card. I paper pieced the flower (tried watercoloring it first, but my aquapainter was really watery--no surprise today!) and added a tiny, tiny Twinkle sticker to its center. I found papers with floral patterns in coordinating colors to pair with the image and matching ribbon, too.

In keeping with the floral theme of the rest of the card, I created a circular floral embellishment element. I layered two cardstock circles, then added a Prima flower that matched the colors of the card. I used some Crystal Effects to attach a glossy green Dew Drop to the flower's center. I added a few more Dew Drops to the patterned paper, too.

I'm off to work on some kits for a Stamping Bella card kit swap I'm participating in. I've neglected my Bellas lately, so maybe I'll do a little stamping with them later on today . . .

Materials Used: For a Friend stamp set, Sahara Sand, Soft Sky, Old Olive, and Whisper White cardstock, Fall Flowers designer paper, Old Olive marker, Soft Sky stitched grosgrain ribbon, 1 1/4" circle punch, Crystal Effects, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Noir Black ink (Palette); flower (Prima); Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Twinkle sticker (Amuse); rectangle dies (Nestabilities)

13 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE that you added a Prima in the circle and how you added the robin nest dew drops! Great use of colors. I always look forward to your version of my sketched. Each week, so inspiring :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card, Lori! Sorry you're having a rotten day! Hope you have a better day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh - that's terrible - hope you recover from this pink eye very soon!! I just love the card you created in the middle of not feeling well!! Those dew drops add that extra special touch! Very pretty card - hope tomorrow is better for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least one part of your day was crappy, judging by that pretty card! You did a wonderful job with it! I hope tomorrow is a better day for you, it sounds like you were put through the wringer today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lori! I'm sorry to hear about your day! Hope the pink eye clears up quick!!

    Your card is wonderful though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a bad day! Hope tomorrow is better. You made a great card today! :) Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to read you had a bad day. Hope your cold and pink-eye clear up quickly for you. No fun:(

    Lori SBS2

    PS...Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well the card looks terrific despite your pink eye...get well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the card is so precious, Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Lori,pretty colors!
    Hope today is a better one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no, so sorry to hear about your bad day . . .

    However, this card is an amazing creation. I wouldn't think you were having a bad day with this gorgeous card! It's lovely!

    I hope Tuesday (and the rest of the week for that matter) is much better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. From the looks of this beautiful card, all went well in the stamping department! Sorry to hear you had a rotten day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ouuuuuuuuuuuuu! This is the epitome of pretty. I think I love that Thank You stamp now, Thank YOU! ;0) Mel

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips