Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Free-Standing Pop Up Rose

I love when things turn out *exactly* how you envision them! That's the case with this free-standing pop up card using the Hearts & Roses set from Kitchen Sink Stamps. With the single, tall rose image, this card reminds me of a simple flower in a bud vase. This is such a fun card--I like how it folds down flat so it can fit inside a regular envelope.

I stamped the three step rose image in dye inks on shimmery white cardstock, then added the stem and leaves, also using a combination of dye inks. The sentiment is stamped in black ink and the heart is stamped over the word "heart" using the same combination of inks as in the rose image. I embellished the sentiment with a trio of elegant, silvery Dew Drops.
I used a 1/8" handheld punch to punch two holes, one on either side of the stem. I threaded the narrow satin ribbon through the holes and tied it "around" the stem.

I am pleased to report that today was a much better day than yesterday! My pink eye didn't spread to the other eye and is starting to look less pink after 24 hours of medicine. And, I got lots of fun stuff in the mail today, including a new set of Nestabilities (the petite oval ones). That always helps to cheer me up. I'm off to try out my new toys . . .

Materials Used:
Hearts & Roses stamp set, Silver Bells Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Noir Black ink (Palette); Purely Pomegranate, Real Red, Certainly Celery, and Old Olive Classic inks, Purely Pomegranate, Basic Black, and Shimmery White cardstock, Crystal Effects, 1/8" handheld punch (Stampin' Up!); white satin ribbon (?)

7 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Love the pearly dew drops too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the added pearls on there. very pretty card these pop up kinds are always a fun card to get

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Lori!! What a great idea and you made it so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Wow, Wow! You've done some wonderful work since I last had a chance to visit. I love the cards with the Kitchen Sink roses. And your color combos have been great!

    Sorry you had a rough Monday - hope the rest of the week is better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay so I am convinced!!! After all these WONDERFUL rose cards that you have made... I think I just HAVE TO HAVE this set... I have to try this for myself! You make roses look so real!!!
    Thanks for adding to my addicition of rubber!
    *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shut up! This is beautiful! Excellent card, Lori!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips