Monday, February 25, 2008

Mix N' Match Snowbunnybella

I just got an enveloped in the mail stuffed full of Stamping Bella card kits from a card kit swap I participated in on SCS. For the swap, all of the participants created a kit that included a stamped Bella image, two coordinated patterned papers, and some matching embellishments. When I saw that today's technique challenge was to combine different patterned papers on a card, I decided to try it with one of the card kits.

This kit is actually one I made myself for the swap. For this kit, I used the Snowbunnybella image and sent two matching sentiments, a Stamping Bella one and the Amuse sentiment I used on this card. I colored the Bella image with Copic markers. I added some white Fun Flock to her jacket and hat. I also colored her skates with a clear Glaze pen to make them just-polished shiny and the blades with a silver gel pen.

I decided to make a kickstand card for the challenge as a way to use the two different patterned papers. I attached the colored Bella image to a panel made from one of the patterned papers and a piece of Basic Gray cardstock. I stamped the sentiment on a scrap circle of brushed silver cardstock and attached taht to the image panel. The snowflake embellishment attached to the sentiment is actually a tiny, sparkly Christmas ornament that I got on clearance. I cut off the silver cord and the loop for hanging it to use it on cards. I added a pearly Dew Drop to the center, too.

The cardstock on the front of the card is by American Crafts. I love their patterned papers! I tied a narrow piece of silver ribbon around the panel for embellishment, then attached it to the card.

My Bloglines account was funky for the past few days, so I haven't been able to make the rounds of my blogging friends. Now that it's back on line, I hope to get around to visit you! Between that and being sick for the last two weeks, I haven't been able to do as much of that as I would have liked or as I usually do--sorry about that . . .

Materials Used:
Snowbunnybella image (Stamping Bella); sentiment (Amuse); Basic Gray and Brushed Silver cardstock (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (American Crafts, Provocraft Holiday Slab); snowflake ornament, silver ribbon (Michaels); white Fun Flock (Stampendous); Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps); clear Glaze pen, silver gel pen (Sakura); markers (Copic Ciao); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific)

10 comments:

  1. So cute Lori! I haven't seen this image before. Great job coloring and she looks great as a kick stand card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card Lori!! Great design and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute Lori! Your colouring is fantastic! Love the fun flock! Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card! I just love it! I think this image is actually "glideabella". But only bella addicts will know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori~

    Love your card..This is one of my favorite Bellas..Your coloring is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card. Love the details (fun flock, snowflake, sparkle) it all goes together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! You did a great job coloring her with your copics! This card is perfect for the weather we're having!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute kickstand card! Everything on this card coordinates perfectly. I love the way you shadow around the Bella. Just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bellas always come out beautiful! The pattern papers look great too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this bella image....so fun! Love the colors....even if I am sick of snow!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips