Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sketches {by Tamara} #32

I made this card for this week's sketch at Sketches {by Tamara}. It came together so quickly and easily--and just like I had thought it out!

I used the new Summer Picnic patterned paper for the color inspiration for the card. I stamped the large "celebrate" sentiment from Celebrate Everything first, then used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to position the smaller "time to" image exactly where I wanted it. This is such a helpful tool!

The image in the bottom right corner is from the So Many Scallops set. I used just the center of the image here. I inked it with markers and punched out the stamped image with a 1 1/4" circle punch. I punched through the cardfront and patterned paper with a 1 3/8" circle punch, then attached the happy birthday image to the inside of the card with a dimensional. It's hard to see in the photo, but I added some Dazzling Diamonds to the candle flames. To draw attention to the image, I used the scalloped punch to create a round frame for the image.

Be sure to stop by Tamara's blog to see what the other card design team members have come up with for this fun sketch. If you decide to give it a try, be sure to leave a comment here with a link to your creation so I can check it out.

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Celebrate Everything and So Many Scallops, Brocade Blue and Real Red Classic inks, Bashful Blue, Real Red, and Whisper White cardstock, Summer Picnic designer paper, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, and Brocade Blue markers, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, scalloped circle punch, Dazzling Diamonds, wide Real Red grosgrain ribbon, dimensional

5 comments:

  1. We were thinking somewhat alike this week . . . I used blue and red, and the word "celebrate" too! I love being on the card team, and I love seeing what we all create. I love your card, the red ribbon is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lori,
    Love your creation! That summer paper is fun fun FUN!! I hope mine shows up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so bright and cheerful...great card Lori!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card. You did a great job aligning the words. I've never used the stamp-a-ma-jig before.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips