Thursday, February 21, 2008

I Don't Know Why I Didn't Think of This Before . . .

Tonight I was clearing off my stamping table and came across these Doodle Factory birds from Starving Artistamps. I took one look at them and immediately thought that they'd make such a cute pair of love birds. So, I found some fun patterned paper to pair them with and gave it a try.

I inked the bird image with red ink and used a marker to color the legs brown. I stamped the image on vanilla cardstock and then punched it out with one of the circle Nestabilities dies. With a little rearranging of the Cuttlebug plates, it's easy to use the dies to punch out an already stamped image like I did here. I matted the bird image on a scalloped circle that matches the birds.

Then, I added some details that said "love." I found a large heart brad that matched the patterned paper I used and attached that between the birds. I also added sparkly heart Twinkle stickers to their eyes--it's hard to see in the picture, but they really are heart-shaped.

I wrapped a piece of chocolatey brown satin ribbon with an organdy edge around the patterned paper and added a small scalloped strip to the bottom edge of the paper, matching the scalloped circle around the birds. Quick and cute!

Starving Artistamps is offering a discount on new online purchases. Click here for info on a discount code you can use for these Doodle Factory images, plus all the other great Starving Artistamps images. Some fantastic new floral images should be appearing on the website very, very soon . . .

Materials Used:
bird images (
Doodle Factory birds & fish set, Starving Artistamps); Ruby Red Classic ink, Ruby Red, Groovy Guava, and Very Vanilla cardstock, Chocolate Chip marker, corner rounder (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (Cosmo Cricket's Hey Sugar line); ribbon (AC Moore); large heart brad (Joann); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); heart Twinkle stickers (Amuse)

6 comments:

  1. They DO make perfect love birds. They look like they're having the cutest little chat & calling each other mushy names, heeheehee! LOVE the colours & that d.p.--It's all just TOO sweet! :0) Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are perfect love birdies! This card is so cute, and I love the colors you used! Great idea with the hearts for eyes!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Idea!
    They do make perfect "Love Birds"
    I love the colors..pretty papers.
    Nicely done..Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is totally cute! I love the paper you used, and I love the scallops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful love birds, I like your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that paper! Very cute card. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips