Sunday, February 10, 2008

Wonderful You Re-do

I'm still trying out my new stuff, so for today's featured stamper challenge on SCS, I used a newly arrived SU! stamp set, Wonderful You. I based my card on this one from Sarah Green's SCS gallery (see her SCS gallery here).

Sarah's card featured Stem Silhouettes, one of my favorite sets from the last SU! mini catalog. It didn't show up in the new catalog, but to me, Wonderful You has a similar feel. I couldn't resist adding it to my collection. Sarah's card also used kraft cardstock. If you visit here regularly, you know that's another thing I love. So, when I made this card, I kept the kraft cardstock as part of my design. Instead of using Purely Pomegranate cardstock and ink, I used Always Artichoke.

For the main image panel, I stamped the solid image in Old Olive craft ink, then stamped the outline image over it in Always Artichoke ink. I added some additional outline images around this image using Very Vanilla craft ink and Always Artichoke ink stamped off once.

For the kraft panel on the cardfront, I did the same thing--stamped the outline image with Very Vanilla craft ink and Always Artichoke ink stamped off once. Then, I sponged some Close to Cocoa ink along the edges of the panel.

On her card, Sarah stamped the Canvas background stamp over the kraft panel. I replaced Canvas with my new Twill background. I can tell this will become another favorite, maybe almost a replacement for the retired Linen, which I loved. The paper looks so textured--I keep touching it and expecting to feel the texture. Amazing! It doesn't show up really well in the photo because I stamped off once before putting the image on the cardstock, but I promise, it looks fantastic IRL.

Materials Used:
Wonderful You and Twill stamp sets, Always Artichoke and Close to Cocoa Classic inks, Old Olive and Very Vanilla Craft inks, Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla, and Kraft cardstock, kraft taffeta ribbon, photo corner punch, corner rounder, sponge, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps)

6 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Your SBS2 sista-Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I really like this card and how you stamped all the images, and those dew drops are really great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely combination. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, love the kraft paper.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips