Sunday, February 10, 2008

Saturday Sketches with New SU!

I'm continuing to work my way through the new stamps that arrived at my house this week. I used two blogger sketch challenges to try out stamps from the upcoming SU! Occasions mini catalog--Tart & Tangy and Full of Life. Neither of these cards features a lot of stamping, but the stamped images are still the focal points of the cards.

This sketch was from Lauren's blog. The adorable fruit images immediately came to mind when I saw this sketch. I colored the strawberry image from Tart & Tangy with markers, then filled in the "seeds" with Dazzling Diamonds for some sparkle.

The patterned paper is from the new Summer Picnic package that will be available in the Occasions mini. I love the bright colors and fun patterns in this paper pack--I will definitely be ordering more of it. It will be perfect for spring and summer occasions. I had a hard time deciding on the placement of the patterned paper and on which patterns from the pack worked the best--I arranged and rearranged pieces quite a few times before settling on this one.

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Tart & Tangy stamp set, Real Red and Garden Green markers, Certainly Celery, Garden Green, and Whisper White cardstock, Summer Picnic designer paper, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, silver brads, Real Red wide grosgrain, Dazzling Diamonds, dimensionals

This sketch came from Jen's blog. I thought the big panel would be perfect to showcase one of the images from the new sentiment set, Full of Life. I chose to make this a thank you card--you can never have too many of these on hand. I stamped the sentiment on white cardstock and used my Nestabilities to create mats for the image. I used my chalks (haven't pulled those out in a while!) to highlight some of the words in the sentiment block for extra emphasis.

The colors for this card came from the floral patterned paper from the Fall Flowers paper pack. I found matching felt flowers in my stash to embellish the sentiment panel. I love when that happens!

Materials Used:
Full of Life stamp set, Basic Black Classic ink, Old Olive, Soft Sky, Sahara Sand, and Whisper White cardstock, Fall Flowers designer paper, Stampin' Pastels, Flower Fusion felt flower, Soft Sky stitched grosgrain ribbon; silver brads, word window punch (Stampin' Up!); blue felt flower (American Crafts); rectangle and scalloped rectangle dies (Nestabilities); sewing machine

10 comments:

  1. Lori, these are both so cute! I am lovin the second card and the new sentiment set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so darling... love the berry card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic cards, Lori! I really like the clean look of the second one! Great job on both challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your challenge cards are totally awesome. YOu always do such a great job. I love how you emphasized the words in the second one :D
    The colors in the first (and strawberries) are just yummy! Thanks for playing along :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness Lori! I'm in love with your strawberry card! Can't wait to get that set! FANTASTIC!

    Your Fall Flowers card is beautiful too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards Lori!!! They are both lovely in each their own way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! These cards turned out really great!! I'm really loving these cards

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great sketches...
    Beautiful Cards Lori.
    Great colors..pretty papers..
    Love those Strawberries!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous cards Lori! I especially like the fruit one! I need to ink mine up.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips