Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Wow--That's Bright!

I got new stamps from Papertrey Ink in the mail today and I couldn't wait to try them out. I used the set Women of Life to make this bright tent topper card using today's color combo challenge from SCS. I don't think I would ever have paired these colors on my own! It took me a while to come up with a way to combine them that worked for me.

I stamped the flower and stem images on Papertrey's white cardstock. This is the first time I've tried it. It is really thick and heavy compared to the cardstocks I'm used to using. I used the regular oval Nestabilities dies to cut out the image and to make a scalloped mat. To give the flowers a little "pop" (as if this color combination needed any more--LOL!), I added some orange self-adhesive rhinestones I had left over from a Halloween project to their centers.

The cardfront is a piece of Certainly Celery Prints Series paper. I added a scalloped edge to the bottom using a scrap of Pumpkin Pie cardstock. It seemed like I needed just a bit more orange to draw your eye towards the bottom (and the sentiment). I stamped one of the sentiments from the stamp set directly on the patterned cardstock using Orchid Opulence ink. It isn't as dark as I would have liked, but it works. The sentiments are one of the things that drew me to this stamp set. It has great all-occasion greetings in a modern look, plus the family words that I have such a hard time finding (sister, aunt , and both mom and mother). I know I'll be able to use it a lot.

Materials Used:
Women of Life stamp set, white cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Orchid Opulence, Pumpkin Pie, and Certainly Celery Classic inks, Orchid Opulence, Pumpkin Pie, and Certainly Celery cardstock, Certainly Celery Prints Series designer paper, corner rounder (Stampin' Up!); wide orange grosgrain (Michaels dollar bin); self-adhesive rhinestones (Joann); oval and scalloped oval dies (Nestabilities)

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous as always. You're so good!! I love everything about this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Bright!!! It announces spring,which isn't coming soon enough!!! You did a really nice job with this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you did with the set! Great layout and such a cheerful color combo!
    Geny C.
    Papertrey Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I would NEVER have picked that color combination, but it's fantastic! WOW! The orange is so vibrant! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That IS an amazing colour combo and your layout is just divine! :0) Mel

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, ooooh the temptation to get this set is killing me now!!! lol

    Hugs

    Alex (SBS2 Sistah)

    xx

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips