Friday, March 28, 2008

Berry Birthday Bling

I made this card for Lauren's one layer card/keep it in the corner challenge. It's so hard to keep it simple, but I think I was able to do that here. This is a quick and easy design and it would be easy to make a few of these to keep on hand.

I used stamp sets and coordinating paper and inks from Papertrey Ink. The gift image is from It's a Celebration. I embellished it with some different sized "bling" to match the dots on the image. This gave the card a little dimension without adding any layers. To go along with the circles on the gift image, I added a row of paper piercing along the bottom of the card. After I finished all the stamping and the bling-ing, I realized that I had stamped the gift image upside down--oh, well! Fortunately, it still works.

The sentiment is from the Birthday Basics set. I got this set because it has "happy birthday" in a variety of fonts, styles, and sizes. It also includes a bunch of nice blurbs for the insides of cards. I'm always looking for more of those! I know these two sets will see a lot of use.

Materials Used:
It's a Celebration and Birthday Basics stamp sets, Sweet Blush and Berry Sorbet ink, Sweet Blush cardstock (Papertrey Ink); mat pack and paper piercing tool (Stampin' Up!); twinkle stickers (Amuse); Icons self-adhesive rhinestones (Me & My Big Ideas); self-adhesive rhinestones (Michaels)

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous job keeping it simple, Lori! Love what you are doing with this set!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Lori! I had to order this set later because I loved it so much and just HAD to have it! It's a sickness.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, how cute... you are so right about keeping it simple, you would think THAT would be easy! You did a wonderful job.

    The card in the previous post is also awsome!!! I love how you used black in it.

    I am still trying to figure out the glimmer mist "how to's" also. Thanks for sharing your experience!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous job Lori! I struggle with these sorts of cards but I love what you did! That bling is fantastic!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with the challenge! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips