Sunday, March 30, 2008

Birthday Birdie

I made this cute card for Beate's weekend sketch challenge. I started out with the fun patterned paper and worked from there. The paper is from a Spring Mat Pack by DCWV. I used Groovy Guava as the cardfront and added in some Soft Sky and some of Papertrey Ink's Sweet Blush, too. I wouldn't have come up with this color combination on my own, but I do like it. It's fresh and springy, isn't it?

I stamped the bird image and sentiment and cut it out with an oval Nestabilities die. I stamped the bird and hat a second time, then colored them with Copic markers. I carefully trimmed around them and attached the bird and hat to the first image with dimensionals. I did a little sponging around the panel with some Sweet Blush ink, which in hindsight, I wish I hadn't. I found the shimmery flower piece lying on my desk and decided to add that to the panel, too. These flowers are really easy to color with Copic markers so they can match pretty much anything you need them to.

I found a piece of wide Soft Sky grosgrain ribbon and tied that around the patterned paper panel and mat. I also found some large blue brads that are a pretty close match to Soft Sky and attached them to the panel to fill the empty space.

Materials Used:
A Little Birdie Told Me stamp set, Groovy Guava and Soft Sky cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, sponge, Crystal Effects, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Sweet Blush ink and Sweet Blush cardstock (Papertrey Ink); oval and scalloped oval dies (Nestabilities); Cotton Candy and Baby Blue Stickles (Ranger); soft sky grosgrain ribbon (Michaels dollar bin); shimmery paper flower and plastic dome floral embellishment(Michaels); markers (Copic Ciao); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); Graphite Black ink (Brilliance); patterned paper (DCWV's Spring Mat Pack); blue brads (?)

4 comments:

  1. This is so soft and pretty. I have to CASE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful card for the sketch!! Love the three brads on the side - great card Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've ordered the oval nesties and I can't wait to get them! love the colors on this card, so soft and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! Love the color combo and the details! ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips