Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I Like This One Berry Much

On the way home from work today, I stopped by the grocery store and strawberries were on sale, so I bought some and had a few for dessert tonight. They were a gorgeous bright red and so good, too. When I came downstairs to my craft area, the first stamp I saw on my table was the sentiment "I like you berry much!" I had bought it specifically to use with my new Tart & Tangy stamp set. Put all of that together, and you get this quick card that I made for Jen's sketch challenge.

I used markers to color the parts of the strawberry images and punched them out with 1 1/4" square and circle punches. I used the markers again on the sentiment and punched that out, too. I layered each of the shapes on a Rose Red mat and arranged the shapes on a Garden Green piece. I really like the Rose Red and Garden Green color combo for the berries.

I added a sparkly paper flower to the sentiment piece. I got a clear acrylic bucket full of them at Michaels in the bridal section. They're called "table confetti" and come in white and cream. They are a great deal, especially with a coupon. The flower was originally a shimmery white, but here it matches the strawberries. That's because I used a Copic marker to color it. It worked great--good coverage and the ink dried pretty much instantly. I added a red Dew Drop to the flower's center and attached it to the sentiment panel with a glue dot.

I'm off to have a few more of the strawberries for a snack now. . .

Materials Used:
Tart & Tangy stamp set, Rose Red and Garden Green markers, Rose Red, Garden Green, and Whisper White cardstock, Cutie Pie designer paper, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" square punches, dimensionals, Crystal Effects, glue dot (Stampin' Up!); sentiment (Amuse); Flame Dew Drop (Kitchen Sink Stamps); paper flower (Michaels)

5 comments:

  1. Oh such a YUMMY card Lori! Love what you did with Jen's sketch!! I found this one a little challenging.
    Think I MAY need to stop by Michael's tomorrow with my coupon in hand :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Card...Love the strawberries!!
    Nice sketch...
    Fantastic Card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I keep seeing these flowers . . . I might have to go to Michael's! Enjoy your strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so cute!! i too, am the proud owner of the flowers from michael's! love 'em!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips